Notices

Brand new and need some help please

Old 12-15-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand new and need some help please

Hi people, my name is Nate and I have batted oxy for years now. My best friend thejuiceman (as you know him) referred me here because he said most of you are helpful and understanding. I used to make fun of him for sharing his story with strangers, but he stays totally clean and the way he did it is amazing to me. I aim to be like him but i am struggling right now.

I quite in january of this year and about 3 weeks ago began doing hydros and perks for my back (I work construction and needed it or I couldnt have worked). Well I am better now, but my brains telling me that I REALLY LIKE OXY. Sucks I know.

Anyways, I am quitting again, hands down, no if ands or buts about it. I NEED TO KNOW IF I WILL GET WITHDRAWALS again though! This is whats making me nervous. Its only been three weeks of using about 40to 60mgs a day which is well lower than the 300mgs i was using. Brian says I wont get withdrawals and hes done a lot of research on it. He says that if I do get any, maybe i will get a body ache or a slight flu, BUT I AM WORRIED.

Anyone have experience with something like this. Will I get any withdrawals? Mild? Severe? etc. What are your OPINIONS as I know youre not doctors, but what do you think.

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Nate, you didnt believe me? lol. Just messing with you. As stated to you, from the research I have done, you shouldnt see anything like you saw after your 2 year stint of OXY. You MAY get some slight weird feeling, but nothing severe. Its only been three weeks and you have been off that stuff for a year bro.

I asked a doc I was working with today about it, and he said you should get no withdrawals at a low dose like 50mgs a day and the duration of three weeks, but I would like to hear what others have to say too.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nate

If you really need to know, or if this is really freaking you out, the best idea is to see a Dr and get a professional opinion.

By our rules we really can't be giving out too much in the way of medical advice or conjecture.

We can share our experience up to a point but none of us know you, your physical condition, or clinical history, ya know?

In a sense tho, you know you just gotta do it and quit - and common sense suggests it's probably better you stop sooner rather than later

You'll certainly find a lot of support here

Welcome,
D
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

sorry, nate was on my account.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No one can say for sure if you are going to get withdrawals. Everyone's body is different, but if I had to guess I would say you are definitely going to feel something (maybe not puking your guts out, but it will not be that comfortable). Once my body developed a tolerance for opiates it seemed like I would get withdrawals after only a few days of using (although much higher amounts than you described). All I can say is the quicker you stop the easier it will be.

Dee is right though you should talk to a doctor. Don't prolong it though because next thing you know 3 weeks will turn into 3 months and then you will really be in for it.

Good luck to you!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FT

Nate, you are in good hands with Juiceman. Listen to what he says. Also, the posts here are good, and of course getting a doc to okay you for detox is a good idea.

As to whether you will have withdrawals now after a shorter term and lower dose run with the opiates, I've tried to answer this question before when it comes up. What this question brings to mind for me is what I was told after orthopedic surgery by the people who prescribe these things short term but in high doses -- the orthopedic surgeons.

After orthopedic surgery, most of us are on high doses for just a few weeks, then are tapered off rapidly. I was stupid and kept taking the drug, and battled a 2 year addiction. I was told by the orthopedic surgery nurse that even people who are on oxys for a month (the "normal" term) will suffer withdrawals when they stop. The surgeons try to taper the person off over a week or so, but most of them think they have the "flu" and just ride through it, not giving it another thought. They aren't told it is withdrawal, which is probably a good thing. Sometimes the docs warn them about it, sometimes they don't. For that group of detoxers, they are usually only sick a few days before returning to normal.

I don't know if that analogy works for you, but you might fall into that kind of category.

FT
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im going out with with Brian (TheJuiceman) tonight to get some chicken wings and hang out a bit. I havent done a pill since yesterday evening and I feel ZERO withdrawals at all. I know last time (coming off of a 2 plus year habit) I was in withdrawal within 8 hours, bad at 12 hours and super horrible at 16 hours. Its been 24 now and nothing! I think juice was right at I am thankful for this and I will not do them again! Thanks so much people.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

How you feeling Nate? we went out tonight and he was fine (like I said he would be). I know you will be fine and tomorrow night we will go shoot pool and have fun. Gym in the morning buddy!

I slapped addiction in the face and then walked away...so will you.