Notices

Day 1 off oxys!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 1 off oxys!

TOday is day 1 off of oxys! I feel the pain already is this possible? I want to call my dealer so bad for that little blue pill that will make it go away! I have no one to talk to so I decided to post here! It's all I can do to get my mind off of it. I was prescribed the meds by my dr but I know someone who sells them! I keep going into my contacts and exiting out of it because I'm determined to do it cold turkey! I may not be making sense right now and please excuse me I just do anxious and I'm all over the place and can hardly think! Any words of encouragement? Please I feel terrible
Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. Day 1 will soon become Day 2. It is so hard the first few days but so worth it. You will find support here. It helped me to remove all temptations which meant deleting the contacts that you don't want to be tempted to call. Drink lots of water, sleep if you can, watch funny tv or movies and read all the info on this site. Right now you just need to concentrate on getting through Day 1. Post when you need to talk. I'm on break and need to get back to work but hopefully you will get relies from others.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have a tough decision to make right now. Do you want to go through a few days of pain and be free or do you want to be take the easy way out and be a slave? This one is up to you. Tell you what through, If you want to stick it out, you 'll have friends to talk to here!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was a hard day!

Thank you for replying. I didn't give in to the temptation and I hope I stay away from giving in! It's been hard I have four children who are extremely active my oldest has ADHD as well as one of my twins who is a boy and he is 5! My daughter is spending the night at my grandmothers and my 1 yr old is very needy! I'm very anxious and I am not gettng any help because my parents told me a "junkie" to suffer! I didn't ask for this it all started after my accident! I'm NOT robbing...stealing...selling so I really don't understand their issues! Iv reached out but everyone is thinking I'm being a drama queen!!!! That is not the case. So now I'm suffering even more that I don't have my family being supportive just negative. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I've been close to being in your shoes. When I first detoxed (one of several times) my wife DID NOT understand what I was going through. She treated me like a pariah for a couple of weeks... I was so ashamed but why? I was prescribed this medication damit! For real Chronic pain mind you for some serious back issues! I've never lied or stolen either for goodness sake!

Your family needs to understand that you are not a junkie but rather someone who grew dependent on the medication. There is a difference between addiction and dependency.
Hold on Acof23, I'm pulling for you... BTW, How are you feeling right now? You holding up alright?
I'll tell you this right now, you hang
in there! By this time next week, it will all be behind you and a distant memory! You will no longer have any strong physical withdrawals.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Terrible

Right now I feel like I have to keep moving my legs are so restless! My back pain which is what started this is worse then ever! I have pain in the pit of my stomach. The pain is getting worse by the minute I feel like throwing up but I gave nothing in me just tons of water! I can't eat smells are making me nauseous. I was on the phone with my sister in law which kept my mind off of it for a little while! But I'm trying to fall asleep and it's not happening!

My husband doesn't get it either! Iv read so many terrible things about withdrawal I'm so nervous! My family is telling me I better hope my body do t go Into shock and I Don't die.. Nice right? Who and how did you get support to pull thtough this?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I pushed through it for a few days. Believe me, you won't die... you only wish you will. THis will be over in a couple of days. Have you tried any OTC remedies for the symptoms? I've used Nyquil to help initiate some sleep.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nope like kind of remedies? Anything that can help?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been an addict for 12 years and my kids and husband don't know. I've been off opiates for 18 days now, and they have no idea that I'm detoxing. They think I have the flu. There was so much laundry piled up a few days ago that I had to do it. I did it on my hands and knees, because I was feeling nauseous. All 18 days have not been that bad. I think I actually have a cold. The physical wd's are all but gone except for night sweats. Now it's all head games. Holidays coming up, kids coming home, family visits, Xmas shopping........all excuses that I've used in the past to relapse. 12 years of excuses. If you look at the year, there's never a good time to quit. No matter how bad you feel now, you'll survive it. Make the decision that you are no longer an opiate user, and relapse is not an option. Do what you can, and rest while you can. I hear it gets easier :-). I get all my encouragement and support from here, where people understand exactly what I'm going through. If I hadn't found this site, I know I would be back in the cycle. Take care
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Here you will be embraced by friends

Hang in there. As Cassandra and Ivan already said, it does get better. I promise. Many of us are here daily or close to it anyway. There are just about always people chatting. It is a great source of support here...any time of day. I like to go through other threads sometimes and just read them all. It really gives a good picture of how people start out with the detox process and you see them hike through to the end. It is very uplifting...and its real. I encourage you to read some of these stories. They will give you hope, I promise. Hope to continue seeing you around. Oh, and you don't need your family's support to do this successfully...you just need determination, a lot of water and to come visit us often.
You can do this!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words. I feel I can do this if I keep my mind off of it. It's now day 2 I woke up normal but when I sat up I just dropped in pain in the pit of my stomach and I'm extremely nauseous! It's going to be a long day!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Acof23, I remember the pit in my stomach all too well, that feeling of despair. It does subside, I thought I was going crazy till I came upon this site. I suggest deleting all dealers from your phone, i had to. I didn't answer phone for anyone not on my contact list. Hang in there, you can do this.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is so difficult the pain is intense what do I do? It's a pain where I'd like to put myself out of misary!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Acof23. What kind of pain are you talking about?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Acof23,
Are you taking any OTC meds for the pain?
I ask because I've been there before with the pain. When you come of the narcs, your body does some pretty weird stuff. The worse being phantom pain in your back, legs etc. It will go away so you have to push through this. OTC meds may help some!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FT

Hang in there....

Originally Posted by Acof23 View Post
TOday is day 1 off of oxys! I feel the pain already is this possible? I want to call my dealer so bad for that little blue pill that will make it go away! I have no one to talk to so I decided to post here! It's all I can do to get my mind off of it. I was prescribed the meds by my dr but I know someone who sells them! I keep going into my contacts and exiting out of it because I'm determined to do it cold turkey! I may not be making sense right now and please excuse me I just do anxious and I'm all over the place and can hardly think! Any words of encouragement? Please I feel terrible
Hey Acof,

I have a YEAR today, and so I decided to go back and read my first post on SR. I had to laugh (almost) because I even lied when I came on here and didn't reveal how much oxy I was REALLY taking.

In any event, I was sick and scared, just like you.

Maybe you'd benefit from reading my post, because I am here to tell ya it gets better, and better is GOOD.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-help-18.html

FT
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Failed taper thank you so much for adding the link to your early recovery. It sounded like I was reading my own story! From the laziness while using, the first dose, and early wd's. I'm on day 19 and inspired by your recovery. Congratulations on one year! You give us all hope!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry for not posting but i was admitted tothe hospital today! I knew something was wrong because i havn't read anything about anyone being in extremely bad pain! It turns out i have hernias from a previous surgery! the pain was bad because the pills were hiding whatever pain i had! thank god that i decided to kick the oxys now because one hernia(hiatal hernia) is strangeling me! when the drs told me that i was kind of relieved! I refused any kind of pain medication..should i have told the drs why? i just told them ill deal with it. i will be getting surg in a few days and they are watching me closley! i hope i dont give in and tell them to give me something. i have the chills..cold sweats, migranes,my nose is running,watery eyes restless body and i can NOT sleep. i want to go to sleep i am exhausted what do i do? any suggestions?

I want to thank everyone helping me through this keeping me busy and being there for me. I am happy to hear you are all doing well and i a proud of all of you. lets keep it up. Sending my prayers to all of you <3 i hope i hear from you!

Alexandra