Notices

I feel horrible

Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel horrible

I sit here in my sweat even though I have showered 2 times today. I feel terrible if this was the flu I would be in the hospital. When people say you don't know till you have gone through they are right. My legs and every muscle want to rip off my body nothing seems to help watching t.v. Makes my legs get worse. I have tried waking around the house. It's to cold to walk outside 10 degrees and windy. Worst thing is I have to go downtown with my wife and her boss for there Christmas party they have over the weekend. They shop go to dinner and have drinks later. What's worse is we stay the night and go to breakfast then more walking and shopping. What am I going to do? Plead sick in the hotel room? I'm stuck basically to the toilet. I'm honest with my wife and tell her exactly what I'm doing. I didn't start off as a junky like most of us just seemed to like that feeling of no pain at first then all the things I could do and energy. Never seems to be a good time to quit so no better time than now I guess. Jesus how many more days honestly does this last? I mean does it get better soon? I can see why people go back if it doesn't start to get better I don't know how long I can last. Wish I could afford help. They want 11,500 yeah I have that laying around.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well friend, more information to answer your questions.
Originally Posted by Captain1 View Post
Jesus how many more days honestly does this last? I mean does it get better soon? .
How many days has it been since your last high? Also, what is it that you're trying to kick?*

And, SCREW the expensive rehab facilities, most are rip offs (no offense to the people who have and still use them. I guess w/e works right?).

But, most cities have a mental health board that is paid for by your tax dollars that anyone can get into for MUCH MUCH cheaper...it's usually income based, and if you have insurance, well even better. They come with great counselors, and great Drs. you just got to contact them.

Stay safe
Old 12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like it's some kind of opiate, and if it is a short acting opiate, you're looking at about 7 days for the flu ****, and a lot longer for the mental part...

Also, you can always go to the ER and they can set you up with some Suboxone or atleast something to help you get through some of the horrible WD symptoms.

But, suboxone would DEFINITELY help you out tremendously in getting through what you have described above in these coming days.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drug of choice is norcos and oxys about 100mg a day of ox. It's my 3rd day I'm trying to got to bed but there's just know way I'm freaking dreaming of how I can get them. What the heck! I'm supposed to leave in the a.m. For Chicago but I don't know how I can. Maybe if I go to the e.r first thing in the morning you think?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also do I just go to the hospital ER and ask for suboxone? Sours crazy or do the usual and go through the my back is killing me and can't see my dr b.s. To try to wean heck I don't know I'm going crazy
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also do I just go to the hospital ER and ask for suboxone? Sours crazy or do the usual and go through the my back is killing me and can't see my dr b.s. To try to wean heck I don't know I'm going crazy
You go to the ER and tell them you're WD from opiates and they'll set you up...Suboxone is probably the thing they'll get you on more than likely...but that would help you so much in these coming days...but you do eventually have to kick that too...but it would definitely help you get through this coming week.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No no no, suboxone is used for opiate WD's...no need for the lies, lol.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I detoxed in a hospital from Oxys and they gave me soboxon for 2 days then 3 rd day nothing. I left hospital on 3 rd day
and saved myself at least a week of terrible w/d. When I got out of hospital
it was tolerable, not good but just tolerable, enough to not want to do it again. Wasn't easy, but doable, enough to not want to do it again. I always caved in the first 4 to 5 days of cold turkey on my own. hope you can get some help, quick!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feel for you, it sucks, nothings worse, suboxone will change your life if you've never done it, be careful I treated it like a ticket to get high with no wd's for a couple years, fear it, there is no easy off of sub's use it as a tool only, if you start playing with it you will just be digging yourself deeper in the hole. Good Luck! Get subs and then get off them right away, you're weekend will be fine, just remember to treat subs like tools.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

what Ryan said about the subs
Old 12-10-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd see a Dr, Captain - whether it's your own, or the ER, or a walk in clinic or whatever...

Be honest and open with them. I have no idea what they may or may not prescribe - not all meds are suitable for everyone.

and please remember everyone - sharing our experience is one thing, but giving medical advice/recommendations, as below, is against our rules.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2509271

thanks
D
Old 12-10-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FT

I sit here in my sweat even though I have showered 2 times today. I feel terrible if this was the flu I would be in the hospital. When people say you don't know till you have gone through they are right. My legs and every muscle want to rip off my body nothing seems to help watching t.v. Makes my legs get worse. I have tried waking around the house. It's to cold to walk outside 10 degrees and windy. Worst thing is I have to go downtown with my wife and her boss for there Christmas party they have over the weekend. They shop go to dinner and have drinks later. What's worse is we stay the night and go to breakfast then more walking and shopping. What am I going to do? Plead sick in the hotel room? I'm stuck basically to the toilet. I'm honest with my wife and tell her exactly what I'm doing. I didn't start off as a junky like most of us just seemed to like that feeling of no pain at first then all the things I could do and energy. Never seems to be a good time to quit so no better time than now I guess. Jesus how many more days honestly does this last? I mean does it get better soon? I can see why people go back if it doesn't start to get better I don't know how long I can last. Wish I could afford help. They want 11,500 yeah I have that laying around.
Hey,

My strong suggestion is to NOT go to the wife's Christmas gig with the boss. There is no way to fake feeling good when you are detoxing. You will torture yourself and ruin the party for them. If the wife is pressuring you, she's not understanding the nature of detox.

I agree about the doctor, ER, whatever. I agree with the caution over subs. I've read a lot of posts where people can't get off them easily, which is the irony of switching one drug for another.

There are, however, other medications to help you through the misery of detox. In the end, though, you will be in opiate hell until you put this far behind you. Don't cave and take opiates. That's the worst thing you could do.

FT