Notices

Oxy Advice/Help please!!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxy Advice/Help please!!

Hey everyone, I hope someone can give me some support. I know this topic has been covered several times, and there are many threads on it, but just wanted to hear a shout out to my situation.
I am trying to get off oxy. I did maximum 15-20 mg/day for only the past 4 months. (I usually do about 15mg before bed, and probably over the past 2 weeks added about a 5mg during the day, as I started to ache during the day time too) A few evenings ago, I did about 20mg all at once and it was too much for me. All the next day, I felt like I was going to black out and felt flu like. I decided to get off by tapering. I was also having some sinus issues, not sure if the snorting was related, being it has been only a few months. (I have, for the past few years, did about a 10 mg line maybe once every 2 weeks) daily use just started about 4 months ago. In those years, I went through periods of months without it and no withdrawals. I assume because it wasn’t a daily habit then.
So, here’s the thing that’s scaring me. I feel weird! Like shaking and a little like I’m going to black out, no energy, body and aches and pain I know about those. But is this feeling of going to black out normal for withdrawals. It’s not strong, just a general feeling of being really weak and “Oh wow I don’t feel good, I gotta sit down” I have even been off work for 3 days, feigning the flu.
Thing is I don’t know if something is wrong with me or it’s withdrawals?? I understand everyone here aren’t doctors, I’m just looking for opinions. And I’m so scared that something is wrong with me, like having a stroke etc???

I also over the past 4 months have had an uncontrollable dry cough, and choking up phlegm. My doc has given a chest x ray worried about pneumonia. I don’t know if any of that is from the oxys, but either way I’m getting off now, before this gets worse.
I have a very strong will power and know I can do this, but I am just wondering if this is normal. I haven’t cut back much, seeing as my daily doses were small. Just lengthened the hours between and maybe cut back by 10% and it’s only been 3 days.
I also started crushing and swallowing in a bit of toilet paper because I was worried about the coughing and choking. I was also wondering if that changes the effects and may be adding to the withdrawals? I did read somewhere that swallowing (I did remove the coating and crush) only delays the onset of the effects, which is fine by me because snorting took up to an hour for me anyway??
I hope someone doesn’t mind replying, even though I know there are many people going through this. As my user name implies, I don’t have a sole to talk to about this. I live alone, and the only one who knows about this is my dealer, and I highly doubt he’d wanna help me cut back!
My prayers and thoughts are there to all who are also struggling, and going through even worse than I am.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would say see a dr and tell him/her everything. Sounds serious for the amount of mg you are taking. Are you sure that's it? The cough and phlegm wouldn't come from withdrawals.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I read this a couple times over to try to understand as well as I could.

Coughing and phlegm could be anything from a normal cold, to withdrawals(? dunno) to more serious things .... get to thee doc. Especially since he already showed concern regarding pneumonia!

if you don't have anyone to talk to, post here or maybe go over to the Newcomers Forum.