Notices

Are you tired of feeling...

Old 11-25-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Are you tired of feeling...

Are you tired of feeling pissed off? Do you wish you could feel something other than being pissed off? Do you wish you could cry, be happy, sad **** even be giddy or just smile cause life is good?? God knows I do.... I'm trying to make changes in my life to be that. I'm trying to work the steps but I keep getting in the way of myself. I figure if I keep taking my butt to meetings, and work the 5 suggestions. I'm working on it, but I have no patience. I am a addict, I'm use to having it when I want it and where I want it. But I am trying so hard to change my whole thought process.

Dear Higher Power, Please hear my prayers!!!
Please take over the drivers seat, I can't do this by myself. Please show me the light. Show me how to be sober, how to be a better person and how to be happy again without the use of drugs and alcohol..
Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope .... I relate to you completely. I don't know how long you've been sober but during the first few years I was angry constantly and just felt generally lousy. What helped in the short term was increasing meetings to one/day for 90 days. And talking to others with less time than I have. When I went to a doctor and learned I'm suffering from depression medication helped enormously.

I don't know how it works, but whenever I take action to really heal and change, I get the help I need. What doesn't work is just sitting at home trying to think myself better....