Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Tramadol withdrawal and indigestion and digestion problems

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi,

Can anyone identify with severe digestive problems and indigestion coming off Tramadol or any opiate painkillers, I have reduced from 400 mg a day over 4 weeks, I have not taken any Tramadol now for 5 days. Initially I was going to the toilet 5 times a day and now still more than I should, I can feel my energy zapping on me at several times during the day and I need to lie down immediately.

I would appreciate any feedback, I am beginning to think this will never go away and getting me down. I have been musting up enough energy just to go to meetings but for little else, will I get my physical health back, I need to believe I will ????

Thanks for reading please say hello I am feeling low today on my 5th day clean, I expected to start feeling better by now !!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you seen a Dr adict?

D
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No I havnt seen a doctor I have been withdrawing on my own, do you think I should??? In just want to know if it's normal comng off the Tramadol to be going through all these bodily changes and digestive problems, sometimes I feel okay for an hour or 2 then fall into bed completely drained, It's awful !!!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take immodium for tummy problems, I'm coming off tram and vikaden right now and I'm having the same digestion probs you are.. That's normal from what I can tell because whether you realize it or not the trams constipate you a little.. So I'm pretty sure that's just WD symptoms but I'm on day 8 now and and I'm opposite of you on the energy thing.. I'm really tired and weak but my anxiety won't let me sleep.. Thinking of seeing a doc about this which is something you may want to do also(: best of luck.. IT WILL GET BETTER. anxiety is about my only problem now on day 8 so hopefully you will feel better soon!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adict View Post
No I havnt seen a doctor I have been withdrawing on my own, do you think I should??? In just want to know if it's normal comng off the Tramadol to be going through all these bodily changes and digestive problems, sometimes I feel okay for an hour or 2 then fall into bed completely drained, It's awful !!!
I have a suggestion...
please go see a doctor.

withdrawal is dangerous and the sensations you feel in your body are proof of that danger, imho

I know how bad it feels to withdraw from opiates/narcotics - it's just awful. but it is also extremely dangerous, which is one of the reasons it feels so terrible (physically)

the emotional stuff is a whole other issue...but the physical withdrawals are very dangerous regardless of the emotional part.

best of luck - and major major congrats!!!!! welcome!!!!
:ghug3
Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your replies, I felt terrible today so had a look on net doctor and searched for Tramadol withdrawal symptoms and there are posts there from 2009 to today, a post that lasted 2 years all about trams withdrawal, it really uplifted me to read some of the posts on withdrawals on there I feel NO LONGER ALONE. Anxiety and thoughts of dread and constant fear are common to trams withdrawal, tell yourself every time you know you are having a withdrawal symptom that the MONSTOR drug is leaving your system and you are becoming free. In time we will feel free and much better, I am sure of this. I have to have a healthy respect for Tramadol and accept it is too powerful for me and turn to a power greater than myself for help.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to rehab for tramadol. I took it for 7 years and the withdrawal was terrible, I had a medical detox. I think you should see a Dr., although many doctors will discount the addictive qualities, I know my rheumatologist did. I understand that he knows more about the pharmacology of the drug, and that withdrawal as he saw it was me feeling addicted, or dependent, but I understand and felt what it did to my body and emotions! I am doing much better off of it.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

And the digestive upset was huge during detox.