Notices

10 days off oxys and its all mental

Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days off oxys and its all mental

i am 10 days clean and i enjoy helping people but still its all in my head all i can think about is geting some and snorting um all the time i cant sleep at night due to my insomnia so i spend all night watching movies playing xbox and wanting to us and it is starting to get to me and i got back to work in 2 weeks and i am scared once i get money rolling in if i still feel like this i am gonna start useing agen but i dont want to i love being clean but life feels so boreing with out it is this normal for me to feel this way and with out the oxys or percs my depression comes and go's in waves and it just makes me feel i am losseing my mind i just feel lost now that i am clean it just feels like the world is comeing down on me hard and i dont no wat to do some one give me some help plzz god bless

and thanks to this site i have got off them and stayed off them this site is amazing and the people here are angels so keep helping people and i will do the same much love
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you get to a NA or AA meeting? Can you find anyone to support you in recovery? Do you have any resources other than television and video games?

And, yes...it's all mental. That's why it's called an addiction. I'm just like you and couldn't do it alone, that's why I went to an AA meeting and then a NA meeting and asked for help. I was surprised at what I found, and that was a year ago.

For me it was massive amounts of benzos and booze and pot and finally anything I could get my hands on. My 10 days wasn't pretty, and at day 18 I ended up in a psych ward for 10 days.

Not using and sobriety are two different things, which I struggle at to this day.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya like the other poster said it's all mental....But I do hear ya that things may seem a bit boring at first when you stop using, and being up all night not being able to sleep does not help

For me I just needed to find things to keep me busy so once I was able I've gotten really back into working out, and am reading a book like every 5 days. These are just a couple things that worked for me and you will have to find things for you, maybe that's the Xbox.

But at 10 day's the cravings were still decently strong but really only got way better from then on, so keep it up!!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi,
This is normal, but I found that I had to change my lifes routine, this is very important.
I take walks,went to a meeting, just keep busy and don`t play videos all day, go work out or something.
i have been clean just over a month and it is still very hard @ times.When that happens I try to do something. I still think I would love to have them again but look where they got me!!!
We just have to stick together and keep being honest w/ everyone.
when you get money again make a plan that you will buy a new video game or something youve wanted but always used the money for drugs,(reward yourself it helped me)
I also thank God and Jesus everyday and throughtout the day(if you believe)
Good Luck and have a clean day today!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel the same way I been off oxys for 3 weeks now and I feel that Im losing my mind and go in and out of depression. I lost all my friends they went on to start families and I didn't want to let my drugs go. Now with no one to talk to or understand what I'm going though I came here. I've been using since I was a junior in high school I'm 28 now it become a way of life for me but things need to change for me ( I want things to change for me). I feel like life is just passing me by and I'm just sit there watching it go. Some days are harder then others but Im afraid as soon as I go back to work and get paid I'm gonna want to use again. I have lost my will to try new things or the things I used to like and I dont want to eat (which sucks cause I love food Im a chef) any advice or help is greatly appreciated
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First, bigsurf congrats on 3 weeks clean! It is slow going, I know. But just think, do you want to go through this again? You are half way there already. It does get better. You need to eat even if not feeling it, light meals and lots of fluids.

hang in there, keep us posted please.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i feel bad i was 2 and half weeks clean and i used i did a 30 but i am strong i will get thru this i will fight to get my life back