Notices

stuped drugs and meds

Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stuped drugs and meds

Ok, I have managed to quit drinking and quit pot. But I am on meds for bipolar and I have been taking way to much. I have lost control and will run out before I can refill them unless I stop and pick the times I use the meds. Which means for the better part of a month and a half I will not be on any meds.

I need the meds so much to help my mood. So I want to stop and only use them on the days I need them most like of Thanksgiving. There are other times that I have to spend with my family. These are the times I need to be in a good mood I need the meds to help with this. So I want to save the Lamitcal for these times.

The issue is I like the rush the drugs give me. They allow me to wake up, be active and be in a good mode and help me care about myself. When I take too much of Lamitcal I feel the same but it's just as intense and I really like that feeling.

Lamitcal dose not always give me that rush so I end up wasting them or taking even more. One time I kept taking them I got sick.

I have ADD and I can get meds but I have been on them before and I was even worse with them.

My doctor does not know of my issues with drinking, pot, or ADD meds I took. As far as she knows I don't drink or do drugs.

Ritalin gives me an intense feeling of motivation. Without Lamitcal or Ritalin I have no motivation and I will stay tired all the time.

Lamitcal work very well in the right dosage. But when I take too much I feel the same affect that I feel with Ritalin just not nearly intense as I feel when I take Ritalin.

There is another drug out there meant for people that have "Shift Work Sleep Disorder" I am sure it will have the same affects as Ritalin but not as intense my thought maybe it is not as intense as Ritalin.

Here's my fear is that I will run out of Lamitcal and I can't tell the doctor so I that I need a refill. So maybe I can as to try Ritalin.

I want Ritalin or some other drug just until I can get the Lamitcal refilled. Doing this would give me some meds that make me feel better and then the doctor won't know what's happening.

I also think of asking my doctor to up the amount I take but she is already leery of giving Lamitcal because something in my blood is border line for taking Lamitcal plus I am not sure if my insurance will cover the extra meds. And the meds are like really expensive. I wanted 10 and it would cost me like $70 and 10 is only 5 days worth assuming I only have 2 a day. I don't have the money to pay cash.

God please help me
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I see Lamictal is a daily dose medication. I feel its necessary to to follow the recommended daily dose to achieve desired results.

It looks to me that your using your medication like I used to use addictive drugs. That will keeping causing you problems like the ones you described.

I recommend you telling your doctor all about you drug abuse history and what is happening with you now. I have to be open and honest with my doctors in order to heal.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I bet if you explain everything to your doctor he will give you a sustained release stimulant (to be with you all day) and explain to you that you are likely poisoning yourself trying to abuse moodstabilizers.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I´m bipolar too but I try not to take too much medication.
I take my daily dosis of seroquel and it allows me to sleep.
But now after a lot of stress factors I´m getting manic again in very rapid cicles.
And then I start drinking, binging, chain smoking, etc
I´d like something extra that does not make me go manic so fast. I had a calm summer and now for the last 2 months I´m just bonkers.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i, too, must take psych meds to feel 'normal'. i don't particularly like the effect of increased doses, and i would also say this is likely to be unsafe and unwise. No offense, though, as i do recognize the feeling like you need 'something' to elevate your mood, and have had those ADD stimulants before myself. They are actually amphetamines, and just as much of a street drug as meth (well kinda). This is definately 'using behavior', and if you have any desire to be clean you need to re-think your strategy of taking your meds properly. just FWIW, but you know as well as any of us that this is not a path towards sober living.