Notices

day 4 CLEAN

Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4 CLEAN

well my friends its day four wow four whole days clean from opiates never thought i cud say tht ! Its hard im not gonna lie but i kno this will be worth it in the long run! so day four here i come
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job your two days behind me. Day 4 was a great day for me, lots of energy and felt great. Your doing a wonderful thing brother hang tough.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go on four days! This is something to be very proud of - and I can see the pride in your post!

Very happy for you!

AEIOU
Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on the 4 days clean!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are hanging in there, keep it up!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Saveme, Ive been reading your story and so glad you made the leap. Please keep posting! It not only helps you but helps others as well. Just keep your eye on the prize and know time passing is the answer.

I'm on Day 17 of withdrawal AGAIN from an Oxy habit. I was addicted for over two years. 7 withdrawals and relapses. This time what's different is I told ALL my Drs, even my new oncologist, NO OPIATE SCRIPTS FOR ME. Having absolutely no access was the answer for me. That, and this forum.

Every day you'll slowly get better, and that first day of really feeling good drug-free is so worth it!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go SaVe and Skinny! Keep it up and keep reading and posting. It really does help. 4 days or 6 days may not sound like much to most people but those of us that have been through it are right there with you, understanding every moment of it. It's hard but it can be done. Keep reading for more understanding as the time goes on, there are so many stages of addiction and recovery.

Be proud!

...Ruby...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

England and Bobby Jo: Glad to see you.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi,
Great job and it will only get better.
Just be honest and you will see how great that is.,
i am so happy for you I will be 1 month tomorrow YEAH!!!!!!!!
It has been a awful @ times but I am starting to live again,what a nice thing.
Keep your head up and stay strong!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ggeo! Hi there! The part in your message that says AGAIN is what snagged me to respond to your message. Congrat's on the 17 days. I can relate with the AGAIN part.

Since 1985! I've been on and off opiates. I have 8 months as of today off of them again. Long story short! I'm a 22 year/Retired/100% DAV out of the Army. Many injuries and surgeries. So yes I have a lot of reasons I could continue to take the opiates. But I know what it does to me physically and mentally. So I've chosen to abstain from them.

I still have the desire and urge to pop pills. The only difference now. I strongly remind myself of where they will lead me mentally and physically. It just isn't worth the hassle to start all over again. And that's exactly what happens with us that choose clean time over using.

I had two and a half years clean when I was injured in the Army again and had to have surgery again. After this surgery, I got off of the opiates and stayed clean for 90 days. Then I had injections in my lower back that made me run back to the opiates from the pain I was having. Stayed off of them for 8 months and then went back on them. So here I am again with 8 months clean again.

That again word is getting old for me. All the opiates in the world isn't going to take care of my pain. Oh sure they make me feel good for awhile and then there's never enough of them to keep me feeling good anymore. That's when the WTF hits us between the eyes. Then we start the miserable part of coming off of them again.

Taking these drugs is like watching a dog chase it's own tail. Because that's how we end up somewhere along the way. Chasing the drug and trying to survive, because we are so afraid of coming off the drugs. But damn life is so much sweeter off of them. No more w/d's, chasing the drugs, money, relationships going astray, looking horrible, not getting anything done, avoiding police officers, not having to lie anymore, ect.

SaVe81 this goes for you too! You two need to figure out what you had before starting the drug chasing. Things can be hard in the beginning of starting your clean life. Lord knows I had my demons and money/legal responsibilities I had to attend to in the beginnings of it. But I took care of them (with a clear head) and learned to laugh, love and live a better life again.

Once ya'll make the decision and I mean REALLY make the decision to get off the drugs because you are ready to! Ya'll will do this with success. Just remember any time you are thinking of using? It eventually led you to SR looking for help and a way off of your DOC.

I wish both of you well and lots of success with staying off the DOC.

TOD