Notices

Cocaine Addiction

Old 11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Cocaine Addiction

I hate cocaine so much and I just can't get this monkey off my back. I don't even get any thing out of it any more. A little high for about 10 minutes and then have to do another line. I'm sick of chasing this high. I want to be clean and sober but my body won't let me .
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it, Im doing it right now, and it sucks but it will get better. YOu can do it.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Looking thru this site and posts it seems this is more for people with alcohol and prescription drug problems. I don't see anyone with my similar addiction of cocaine.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep looking - there are several folks here who are fighting the coke thing, too...

It does seem that prescription paid meds are quickly overtaking everything else but if you do a quick search for cocaine you will find a ton of responses.

Good luck to you!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Spica would you know what forum would be good for me?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This forum has several entries regarding cocaine addiction. If you chose the search function in the blue menu bar near the top and type in cocaine you should get several hits.

There are several other forums that specialize in coke - I have attached the link to one of them below named cocainehelp.org:

http://www.cocainehelp.org/MDForum.html

All the best to you as you work on this!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

You can do it.

51 days off crack. If I can do it, I believe anybody can. At first I was annoyed with the "suffering", but after reading numerous post the truth is the suffering is subsiding and the cravings are lessening. Stay on this site post people care.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another recovering crackhead here!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

We do recover

Originally Posted by Hollandrea View Post
Looking thru this site and posts it seems this is more for people with alcohol and prescription drug problems. I don't see anyone with my similar addiction of cocaine.
You are more than welcome to give the NA Forum a look. There are numerous members there who have overcome their addiction to coke and other drugs. I've been clean from crack for over 13 years and NA worked for me.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Not again

A recoveredcrackhead here....praying for you, hope you do the same.

Larry

PS. BTW I belong to that other forum also,(but this is my home forum )
Old 11-03-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Hollandrea))) - another recovering crackhead here...over 4-1/2 years. I found out, after being here for a while, even though there are people with addictions to all different things, there's still some similarities in what we go through. Yeah, we have the mental withdrawals, others have the physical more, but when it comes to learning to live life without picking up? I can relate to those recovering from alcohol, opiates, meth, whatever. I will admit, though, it took a while before I was ready to absorb all that.

You're not alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-04-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

HI HOLLANDREA- I dont know why but your posts have really hit a soft spot in my heart. I think because I was in a similar situation with young children. My addiction started with coke I did some nasty things to get it and in the end I lost a lot of material things. Lost my car, christmas was whatever I had left over from a binge (wasnt much!!!) sold all my jewely but my coming down started to become horrific so i found alcohol which lasted years right after my son was diagnosed with autism. I drove drunk with my son in the car all the time finally getting 2 dui's childrens services were called in. That was my last drink or drug march 27 2010. If I had not gotten sober my son would have been institutionalized. My point is Hollandrea is IT IS POSSIBLE!!! there is a web site you can listen to aa meetings and just replace the word alcohol with your drug of choice (type in listen to aa meetings online a few differeroadnt sites will come up) This road your on will only keep getting worse . Come join us its an awesome journey!!! It takes some work but nothing like what could happen in the midst of addiction. Your life will improve tremendously and we will be here cheering you on!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you are here and decided to join us. I never thought I could ever become addicted to coke, but it really only took one time. I remember that time like yesterday. It changed my view of coke forever. It caught me by surprise because id done coke recreationally off and on over the years and never had any problems stopping. Cocaine has made me feel worse than anything I've experienced. It got to the point that it wasn't fun anymore. One year ago, I was at my lowest point in life and about to screw up my job. I felt like I would rather die than live addicted to coke. Those thoughts that I just couldn't get out of my head. Then I found these forums and they have helped me tremendously. I went to aa/na everyday for the first week trying to figure out what would keep me sober and that definitely helped. I've relapsed with coke twice since then and been completely sober four months now. I really hope you find the support you need to get clean. There are a lot of people here that know exactly what youare going through.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi,

This is my first post - I am recovering from a cocaine addiction and have been clean for 65 days and I know exactly how you feel. I would purchase a gram even though I didn't want to do any my body just craved it.

I went to my doctor, asked for help and she provided me with some great advice. I am now seeing a support worker and the help has been soooooo useful.

Please talk to a doctor or support worker and they will be able to help you - its difficult to make the first call but its worth it.

Let us know how you go
Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The drug may vary but we're all here for the same reason. Addiction. There are so many kind, caring people here that are willing to help and to just listen. Reading everyone's stories was one of the best things I ever did. It made me realize I COULD do it to, and then helped tremendously through w/d.

Wishing all the best for you as you start this rocky road.

...Ruby...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((england)))- welcome to SR!

(((Hollandrea))) - how you doin?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

what are you doing to get thru the withdrawal? I've gone 4 days and now I'm doing again tonight. I can go no longer than 4 days without. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Heathersweeds i thank you so much for your post. I feel that we connect big time. Unfortunately I cannot post to you until I have a certain amount of posts. I need all the help I can get.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks 1983. you are giving me some hope. I hate this stuff and it just keeps calling me back. I just went 4 days without and the feeling got to be too much. So now starting tomorrow i start all over again and experience the withdrawal all over again.