Administrator

Talking Hen House Talk - Part 20

continues from here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-21.html

D
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Gravy! We've been on a roll and didn't notice where we were at on the thread numbers!

Here we go again! LOL

TOD
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Med)))
Thank you for the ghost story, but that is enough for tonight, holy cow. scared the crap outa me.......you do tell a gooooood story girl! love it. the bean in the non woods, does it bark,? hahahaha.

(((TOD)))
Why are you using clearasil if you dont have skin problems.? maybe you had a tylenol zit and tried clearisil? ok then, my favorite is noxema. i love it, and i dont have many wrinkles. i remember once putting it all over my face, rubbing it in, you couldnt see it. but mother sent me to the store, summer time hot, and my face just sorta melted into a noxema soup... God sure has given me lots of humility lessons...

(((Amy)))
That is scary, yikes. I think i would have kept moving. i guess peanut butter and jelly is not too ominous, but still! ever seen the cats stare at nothing, like it is a headless monster only they can see? some people think cats see things like ghosts. i just think they are neurotic. get some rest, girl!

i love ghost stories tho. my grandma would wait till a storm knocked out the electric, and then we would beg for a scary story.Ah, the good old days.

i suck at telling stories, or jokes. that is ok, i love to listen
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - yes, you did surprise me by not letting me know we were over 500, but then we HAVE been on a roll!

(((Chicory))) - you do not suck at telling jokes. I think most kids liked scary stories at campfires or when the power is out, but not me..I'm a wuss. Stepmom and Brit LOVE horror movies, I can't watch them. Of course, I faithfully watch all the true crime shows..and that's a strange form of "entertainment" I remember Noxema! I never had the zits when I was younger, had great skin. Years of smoking, abusing one thing or another, have me wishing for a face lift.

Where's (((Jay)))? Wonder if ((Taz)) is dragging him around too much to check in.

I'll never forget the first, and only time, Brit tried to walk Tinker on a leash..she was having to drag the dog along, suddenly realized "wow, she's finally got it" as there was no pull on the leash. She turned around..Tinker had gotten out of the collar and was hauling ass back toward the house

Someone is going to have to smack me over the head, tomorrow, to make me do school work. My school buddy is going to e-mail our favorite instructor and check into possibilities of volunteering in the area we're training for. I'd like to do that, too, and it would be cool if we could get somewhere together. We would certainly entertain everyone, as we have the same wacky sense of humor.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nitey night dear friends.

thinking of all the hen housers tonight, and prayers for their safety and peace.love yall.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dee! Wot the hail? I typed out a perfectly nice post only to be booted as the thread was now closed!

I must go comfort the FuzzyB. He's most contrite after his bad day. I don't think I've ever known a cat who actually seemed contrite for misdeeds. He is adorable. The little darling.

I have to go bring in the last load of laundry for the night. I've been texting with my work husband and getting to speed for the rat wheel tomorrow night. Maybe I'll find the energy to tell my ghost stories.

Much love my darlings!

Lenina
Old 11-01-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love to read a ghost story but you can't get me to watch them. I remember going to the drive in movie with a bf. Remember drive in movies? We saw triple back to back movies.. The first was Carrie and I didn't sleep well for years when I thought about that horror. The hand from the grave. Then we saw Burnt Offerings. Complete with Karen Black face planting on the windshield of a car... about an evil house...and the last one was something with Vincent Price and he was a pottery sculpter. He was bad and finally got a notion to cast animals in plaster. I think those were the last horror movies I willingly saw, till I was forced in rehab to watch something really bad.

Chicory, you tell wonderful stories. Never fear. YOu have great story telling abilities.
And if you have a Halloween story we want to hear it.
Lenina, I do want to hear your ghost stories. You'll just have to find the time somehow!
Tod, every blue moon I get those under the skin breakouts that are very painful but are buried to China, hard to get rid of. They gave my daughter some medication that I've yet to fill that her doc raved about but it cost 100.00 so it's still sitting at the pharm waiting for money money to fill it. but it supposedly works better than MicroRetinA.

I've got the weird skin, it can be very dry one day and the next it will be oily. I think it must come from teh Cherokee side of the family that is dark and oily. Now with perimenopause it just does all sorts of funky stuff, dry and with hair(on chin), oily with no hair, hairy and normal, It's yet to be normal and normal. It's got to be funky. So I tweeze and gripe. I'd have laser if I could afford it and thought it might be the cure.

TOD sleeping with the chickens. That is so eccentric. yes that's you. Lovely and Eccentric. They'll be telling TOD stories for years and years and years in your family. But that's wonderful.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh and Amy I am very glad I don't have to clean up the house from a peanut butter sandwich eating ghost. Maybe the daughter is a poltergist. Maybe she's the one doing this. That's something else. I think you won the creepy story telling thing here. I'm all ready for more smores and hot chocolate!!!!!! As we all sit around the virtual campfire telling our stories.

And Dee,..... he's our Charlie from Charlie's Angels. Don't you just see him as Charlie?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm working on the white hair John Forsythe had

sorry about that Lenina - I mustn't have seen you there :ghug3

D
Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) - sorry about that, I realized we were at 510 posts, so asked ((Dee)) to close that one and start another. (((FuzzyB))) is quite the character, and his aunt Amy dearly loves him and (((OG)).

(((Med))) - I think I DID see Carrie and the Amityville (sp?) movie but that was the extent of scary movies. Brit was recording Halloween II earlier tonight. Totally crazy - she's deathly afraid of the dark, but watches scary movies?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The cats and I are heading to bed. "See" ya'll later.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's the HS I attended. Hope ya'll can see the three rows of classes I was talking about. There is concrete steps and walk ways between them.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh Burnt Offerings! I loved Oliver Reed! Drank himself to death, how sad. That house was soo fab! I used to love scary movies back in the day. I couldn't see The Exorist in a regular theatre, the book had scared me half to death! I finally saw it at a Drive In.
Another book that scared the beejeebers out of me was "The Howling" about werewolves.

Anyone remember that zombie movie with Vincent Price? The one where the whole world had been turned into zombies who only came out at night? Nowadays, you want horror stories, turn on the nightly news. LOL Freak shows? Just check out the reality shows.

((((Amy)))). The FuzzyB was just asking about our dear friends, Elvis and Mots. He may think I'm out hunting mice with them when I'm gone so long. He's walking around with a mouthful of Mousie just now himself. It just makes me smile to hear him grouse around!

TOD, it could be your skin is too dry. The tiny flakes get trapped in the pores and creates a pimple-like bump. Try using a light moisturizer, I like Oil of Olay (or oil of old ladies my brother sez) and see if it doesn't clear up in a day or two. DO NOT attempt bathroom surgery! LOL. Resist the urge!

((((chicory)))) I love your stories and your sweet self! Are you a scandi-hooligan like Amy and Med and me? Uff Dah!

OK, I've ironed my blouses, mostly finished the laundry, cuddled the FuzzyB and put a clean pillow slip on OG's chillaxing pillows. Tomorrow I have some minor housekeeping chores before work. I think things are under control. Not a good sign...LOL.

If anyone knows where I can get a large dragon press-on tattoo, let me know. My friend needs one.

TPA, please check in, love.

Much love to all my lovely hens!!

Lenina
Old 11-02-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Lenina! My skin is oily! LOL I use that's why I can get by with all the harsh things I use on it. This stuff that my daughter had is: Oil control Facial wash That's why I gave it a try. And I WILL NOT use Noxema. That's a breakout for sure on my face.

When my 1stXH and I were moving from Biloxi, MS to Charleston, SC. I bought the hard back cover book of Cujo. It scared the crap out of me while reading it between the two destinations. Then they made a movie out it. It was just as scary. Another strange movie was Pinball Wizard. I can see him stepping into that needle filled coffin now. Just gives me the hibbee jibbees!

As for those under the skin bumps! I get right at the edge of them on the bottom side and use a syringe needle to poke a little hole in it. This helps it to drain and to go away faster. Sorry Lenina. Gotta do the bathroom surgery! LOL

Lenina: Can you post a picture of your cats for us. You talk about them all the time. We'd like to see them.

As for the tattoo. Try googling it. Or check out the mall. There's a store in there that has all sorts of weird stuff you can buy. Forgot the name of it though. So I guess that tells you I don't shop at the mall! LOL

Dee: WHITE HAIR? What's that? Pick any bottle off a shelf in the color you want to be. No more white hair! LOL Good to see your smile on here!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Lenina)))- OMG, my uncle (the one that died a few years back) had a hat that said "oof-da". EVERYONE in MN says it, I grew up hearing mom say it and even dad says it A former coworker went to some convention in MN and said "everyone looks like you!"

Tell (((FuzzyB))) that Mots, Elvis and Patches are doing just fine. I knew Elvis went out when dad got home this morning, just went out there to see if he wanted in to eat, and boy was he mouthy! Patches has turned back into an inside cat and totally taken over stepmom's pillow on the couch.

(((TOD))) - I just knew you were doing bathroom surgery. I remember Cujo, actually used to read some of Stephen King's books but then they got way too "out there" for me. The book that scared me the most, was actually the one Ted Bundy had someone write for him. It was before he ever admitted anything, was on death row and I guess, because it was true, it terrified me. I'd been sleeping with just the screen door closed on my little rental. After I finished that book, had everything locked, deadbolted, lights on in the house and a butcher knife by my bed.

Okay, slept late and am about to start on school stuff. Will give Elvis his pill and see if he wants back out in the sunshine.

Too funny...Brit got Tinker a t-shirt that says "tall tail" and the dog is trying her best to get OUT of it. She never has tolerated clothes, doesn't look like that's changed.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I can't figure out how to post their pics! I worked in it last night and again this morning. I may be too stupid for new technology. Wah!

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina:

I'll send you by PM the way I do them!

TOD
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm really struggling with the school stuff. Down to paper after paper after paper and just realized I have to write a proposal to convince "my hospital" to buy an expensive computer system. Templates are in Word, and they just make me want to climb under my desk

Instructor hasn't replied, the schedule they say we're to go by isn't there for next semester, and I'm having trouble seeing the big picture with all the damned roadblocks in the way.

Oh yeah, and the engine light is back on in my car.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-02-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy! I'm almost to the point of telling you to take a few days off and drive your ass AND car down here for Jethro to do a complete check over on it for ya. He's the pro and would be sure to do it right w/o charging you a fortune. Just please DON'T bring any cats with ya.

Jethro left almost two hours ago to pick up supper from Pasta Jacks, get a few packs of ciggies and two gallons of milk from walmart. I think he's planning on getting the new Cars movie too. This is all within a few miles of us. It's his mouth that is keeping me hungry! Ump is also working tonight so I know he's having a good ole chatter box time with him.

I raked up several piles of leaves today and Jethro got the trailer hooked up to the four wheeler to pick them all up. Had to get them picked up today because we are suppose to have high winds moving in tonight thru tomorrow. So I can just imagine the leaves that will be in the yard after the winds get thru blowing them out of the trees.

I uncovered the tomato plants today and I'm just amazed at all the tomatos growing. The tarp that we have on them is an old one and has holes in it. So we need to get some plastic to go over this tarp to keep the plants warmer. The temps have to be at 85 in order for the tomatos to turn red. With all the holes in the tarp now, it doesn't stay warm enough. But the tomatos are growing. That's the main thing.

We've been putting the boys out almost every day. At night when we start bringing them we'll let sugarman run loose in the yard. I don't have to worry about him because he'll climb the porch steps and come in the back door on his own. LOL

Okay, back to Harry's Law!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - I'm sure (((Jethro))) WOULD fix my car but it's not like I have time to drive out there, nor a really good idea to go on a long drive with an engine light on. It probably is just telling me I need a tune-up but that's not gonna happen, real soon, either until I can get enough stores done to get a decent paycheck. I just heard Seattle is getting pretty high winds, too. Guess that means we'll eventually get it, too.

Mots followed me into the bathroom, hauling ass to "his" shower chair. Didn't realize the bath mat was wet, as Brit had just taken a bath, and apparently he doesn't like wet feet...came to a screeching halt with a WTF? look on his face.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy