Notices

well detox has got me worryed

Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well detox has got me worryed

well thanks every one this seems like a good place to be at this point that i am about to go thru in a few days well hear it is i am kicking oxys for the secound time ever and i have been on them for almost 3 years and its deff 3 years to long and i have only detoxed one time and thats becuz i had pnimonia and i was so sick i had 3 days to live and the docs said if i dident come in then i would of went to sleep and never woke up so last time i detoxed i dident feel it becuz i was so ****** up and sick.....and well it started out when my parents got devorced and the women i was gonna spend my life with was cheating on me for 8 months and then 3 close friends died in 2 weeks and i just was so down and out and my good friend took me out to his truck and i did my first 30 and it was on.. it just fixed it all even tho it really dident just made me forget about it for a bit and i am into rap i make cds and make beats and it really helped me get every thing out for my cds it just made me put out beta songs so i got really hard into um and befor i new it i was snorting 9 30s a day and then i was geting into somethen around my way we call scramble witch is 30s cut with raw and that **** was to good so i stoped that but i work in a game at a carnavel and work just ended for 4 months so i thought wat a great time to get clean for my mom and my neaces and nephew.. becuz with out them i just sleep and dont wana do **** and i gota be there for them becuz i am 20 and they need me so i am gonna get clean bye my self and i am just scared of the pain its got me worried becuz the longest i have went is 2 days and that was so rough and i am just so scared i aint gonna be able to get off them but i got faith in god and i am strong willed so i think i can but the pain scares me and i just need people to talk about it while i get clean becuz my friends that dont do it dont wana be there for me and the friends that do just wana buy and give me more so this sat day i am starting and i dont no how bad its gonna be and that scares me to so i feel u guys here can help me i am lost i have insomnia and depression and i am 20 and i shouldent be this addicted at such a young age
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Carnieman
You'll find a lot of support advice and encouragement here.

glad you've joined us

D
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well thats wat i need is alot of support advice and encouragement i just dont no wat to expect becuz last time i was deathly ill so i dident feel it but thank u i thought this would be a great place to come to for help
Old 11-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Carnieman

Welcome. I am also fairly new here but I find the experience and support on this site to be a huge part of my life now. My DOC is Vicadin but it's similar and the detox has most of the same symptoms. I spend a few hours a day reading the opiate threads and also the AVRT threads.

You sound like you have a plan and the fact you have a stopping date and have continued to post that you will quit Saturday i think is a good thing. You have begun to prepare yourself mentally and that I find sometimes to be half the battle. I am going to pm you about Rational Recovery. Before opiates I battled another addiction 10 years ago and went through rehab and 12 step programs and this time around I discovered there are additional resources which are invaluable to me and my struggle this time.

Stay strong and keep coming around here. Also keep posting about your experience. I think some of the threads where people post on their first day of detox and keep updating for months/years to be very inspirational.

Stay strong! You can do it!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Runhappy has some great ideas for you. I second that motion!

Recovery can come in many forms. Just remember you have to "suffer" in withdrawal in order to get to the other side. Getting to the other side is extremely worth it. Getting your life back again is extremely worth it.

I emphasize "suffer" because withdrawals do feel bad. Detox feels bad. Your body is accustomed to being poisoned, but it LIKED the poison at first, and now you are in a position where you have to take away the very thing your body and brain think they need. Getting past that is the first hurdle. Staying clean is the next hurdle, and the hardest one, although it may not seem that way in the midst of early withdrawals.

You can do it. There are lots of stories of struggle and pain, but also triumph here. Please keep coming back to get support.

FT
Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks guys i never thought i would find suport online and sat its done for me i am geting my life back and today i had a 5 mg and i broke it into 4s and chewed a part when i need it but besides that i have only done 5mgs today and thats alot down from the few 30s i was doing a day so i have faith and i am glad there is people to help me that have or are going threw the same stuff and thats love and the support i need to make it threw this mess i have brought myself into but i am just praying i can stay clean every night i pray befor i got to sleep i ask god to see me threw it and help me stay away from it and thats really the thing that scares me and my music is helping me stay good and not do alot but that could be the same stuff that brings me back into it when u rap and make beats u get put around alot of drugs and its sad but all my rap,s since i decided to get clean are all about geting clean and thats a good thing for me
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FT

Hey carnieman,

You could be "the guy that made it" and become the inspiration for others in your crowd who also want to get clean, but are worried they can't do it and still be part of the rap crowd. Show them that's not true.

FT
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yea i no wat u mean there mostly clean now i am one of the few who aint but i went all day today with out any this marks my first day being sober and its painful
Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FT

Hi carnieman,

Many worthwhile things are painful to accomplish. That means their value and desire to preserve their value are even stronger.

The "painful" part of recovery is what causes many to fail. You've got to be willing to put up with a certain amount of discomfort in order to get clean.

The only way you will know if this is going to work is to DO it for a few days. After a few days, think about how you feel then. The desire to pick back up is strong, and it gets harder to quit every time you fail.

So make this time work for you. Don't pick up today. Be the leader of those of your friends who "wish" they could quit. YOU can quit. After you are clean awhile, you may find yourself helping others to do the same. There are few successful people who are also users. Those who are users often end up destroying their success by using.

I don't know who you look up to, but we recently lost a great musician in Amy Winehouse, who thought she could start drinking again after a month or so of being clean. What she didn't know was that drinking as much as she did before she quit was going to kill her.

If more young people like you were of the mind set that THEY are different, THEY can do it, THEY can be the ones to break free and stay clean -- so many would follow, I think.

Hang in there and don't use today. Come back and tell us how you are doing.

FT
Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do it. I am on day 4 and its already not so bad. I believe also to get to the good side you have to endure a little pain. Keep telling your self the other side is just about in reach. Each hour it gets closer. I am praying for you.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Carnieman

You'll find lots of kindness and support from so many people, all at different stages of addiction, and from all walks of life here. Everyone's story is different and yet everyone is so much alike. Addiction doesn't play any favorites.

You are so young, only 20, you have your whole life ahead of you yet. You are wise to realize drug addiction brings no good at an early age. It's so hard to restart a life in recovery when you are my age (that would be 'old'!) I wish I'd had the same sense you have at 20.

You can do it and please, if you need a Dr's help, go to the hospital. When they know someone is serious about detox they are very willing to help.

I wish the very best for you and will keep you in my thoughts. ...Ruby...
Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi,
addication doesn`t discriminate. I am 50 plus so I hope you @ your young age really take this seriously. i have only been clean since 8-10-11 and yes went through hard times but i have done alot of damage to my mind,body and soul the last 20 years.
I hope you can learn from me because I wasted so much of my life and wished I would of taken this more seriously because no matter what I told myself it only got worse through the years..
I am still having some bad days but i realise that is ok, and it will only last a short time if I change my thinking and acting.
please, please take this seriously, life is so nice and peaceful without using!!!!