Notices

here I go

Old 11-01-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here I go

Well i posted over in the newcomers and not sure if I should have posted it over here. Took my last vicodin this morning at 8:30 and have decieded I have had enough. Tired of the roller coaster of worrying if I have enough to get to next prescripti0n day. Anyway just wanted to post because I have been reading others for inspiration and decieded I want my life back. Wish me luck and I will keep posting as many others said it helped them.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome skinny

Welcome to SR, that's great you've decided to stop. First I think you should let your doctor know so you are not able to get them prescribed anymore or let him or her decide what to do for you to make it less uncomfortable for you.

Others more experienced will be by to give you some words of wisdom. Hang in there.

Good luck and you are not alone!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

you can do it skinny

Skinny I'm 1 year 4 month off alcohol, and today 50 days off crack. The "roller coaster" I'm riding and I just suffer through it. All those years of being an addict the only emotion I had was anger. I realize know that the roller coaster is all the other emotions that we have coming back. The good emotions are there to and steadily increasing. Hang in there, quit using. I am better of not using and believe you will be to. Have a good day.
neferkamichael
Old 11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doing ok so far a little uncomfortable and tried sleeping, off and on for about an hour. Thanks for the words of encourgement they really help.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Skinny - If you were doing vics for a while but your daily dose wasn't that high you shouldn't have too bad a time with the withdrawal phase. The worst of your symptoms should feel like a tummy flu and be over pretty soon. Expect some sleep issues (insomnia).

The best things to help you feel comfortable as you go through the withdrawal phase is ibuprofen for the pains, immodium for the tummy stuff and LOTS of FLUIDS!!! Preferably gatorade, juice, etc - no caffeine or sodas for a while. Comfortable clothes and lots of TV or DVDs to keep you mind off the symptoms...

Looking forward to your posts to hear how you are doing!

Last edited by Spica; 11-01-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typing is a lost art here...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hanging in there, was a real struggle this morning but I fought thru it. I have been taking 8-10 10mg norcos a day for about a year. I hope it only last three to four days. Oh well cant worry about that now, taking one hour at a time. Doin lots of praying and hot showers.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well have made it 48 hours now. Feel a little better today, the stomach isnt so up and down. Still very achy and restless. Sleep was up and down last night. Still kinda of foggy but doing a little better. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out and walk some.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My doc is Norco too. I have detoxed at least 6 or 7 times and I find days 3 to 5 to be the worst of it. I start getting energy back around day 6. Before that I can barely make it from the bed to the front door I am so weak. A simple flight of stairs seems like climbing a mountain.

It definately gets better as the hours/days pass. Keep coming back and posting and stay strong!

During the worst of my w/d symptoms I lie in bed reading old threads and posts on opiates and w/d. Sometimes I spend 8 hours on here. The one thing I have come to know is that all the people who kept posting of their struggles have the same basic message. Their lives and the way they feel just keeps sounding better and better the longer they go from the last time they used.

I get so much hope from this site and the stories I read here.

Hot showers and gatoraide are your friends!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well today has been really wierd. At times I feel completely normal and then back to no energy and lethargic. I sat outside for awhile and it felt good to have the sun on my face and fresh air. I am getting kinda of sick and tired of laying around. But then again when i get up to do something i wanna just go lay back down. Does this sound normal.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Skinny,

Yes that is exactly what I experience. You are in day 3? I would say a couple more days of the extreme lethargy then I usually start to be able to at least get up and take a 15 min walk. Every day I start to feel a little better than the day before. The worst of it is usually over for me by day 6 or 7.

I watch alot of tv and read alot of posts here.

Hang in there. It gets better. It's definately worth it to stay strong and tough it out. If it gets too much worse call your doctor and maybe he can prescribe something to help with some of your symptoms.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Skinny!

My thoughts of are with you! The acute phase is really difficult but once you are past that, everyday will get a little easier.

Gatorade was a godsend for me - I couldn't eat, but I would drink Gatorade (the orange kind was my favorite) all day long.

Good thoughts are with you -

AEIOU
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good to hear, thought I was crazy. Feeling pretty good right now even managed to go to the store and get some advil pm, a multivitamin, some more gatoraid, I swear I have drank 10 gallons of that stuff. Orange is my favorite also. I also got some bananas and some grapes and some soup. I need to definintly eat a better diet. Funny when I was taking the pills I really never worried about eating, some days I would eat somewhat normal and some days nothing at all. Thanks for the post they keep me smiling and give me something to look forward too.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Skinny that all sounds pretty normal as far as the trouble sleeping and now caring what your eating and what not... I was doing exactly what you were but maybe taking slightly more, like 15 Norcs a day. It really took me about 7days to start feeling more like myself again. It's been like 3.5 weeks now and things are GREAT now, such a difference. I've gotten really into working out again and eating a proper diet, which as you mentioned I never cared about before, luckily I was blessed with a good metabolism. But the moral of my comment is it only get's easier with each day.... Keep up the good fight bro hymm!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry for not posting yesterday, just didnt really feel like doing anything but laying around. Today is day 4 and I feel alot better. I slept a little last night and it sure felt good. I am going to try and get around and start moving about today. Thanks for the posts they sure do help.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well I just managed to get out and mow the backyard, it was a little tough but I just made myself do it. Felt good in a wierd sorta way. Nice to be moving and at times I just wanted to quit and go lay down. Im so tired of laying around it's not even funny. Just went to the store and got some more gatoraide(orange of course) and for the first time it was nice to go somewhere without popping a pill to get the energy to go. Thats what really made me stop. I look around at people doing things and how i use to be, before the pills, I want to go back to that person. I hated always planning what I did or what our family did around the damn pills.. So many excuses when I was running low on why we should wait a few more days to do something. I hated that. No more.
Thanks lost your posts mean alot to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I was just sitting around this afternoon and decieded what the hell might as well mow the front yard. Same feeling felt good but would have been easy to say the hell with it half way through it. I tried to take a little nap and did manage to fall asleep for about twenty minutes. It's funny the smallest little noise or movement will now wake me up. I am feeling pretty good, still feel like im in a fog most of the day but do feel better. Thanks all for helping me get this far. I will keep posting as it definatly helps me, may even start up a journal.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I forgot to add something just in case somebody reads this to see what its like to go thru this. Last night was the worst nights I had. I was so uncomfortable and restless that when I tried to lay down it was so uncomfortable that I actully wanted to take a pill so bad. If I had kept them (I flushed them the morning I quit) I would have most definitly taken one. I think It was from all the laying around the previous three days. Hard to lay for three days and then lay down for sleep. Just no way to get comfortable. I guess what I'm saying is if you quit get rid of those damn pills.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Skinny I had a very long hard w/d off of a long time oyxcontin use and abuse. It sounds to me like you're doing really pretty good for so few days off the pills.

Expect it to take time and patience and you'll get there. I can't believe you actually mowed a lawn!! That's amazing. I couldn't get off the couch for the first 2 weeks - I ended up in ER on day 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly) because I couldn't even keep a sip of water down and was totally dehydrated. I had fluids and gravol and immodium and electrolite something for 24 hours.

Then I went home and layed on the couch for another week and a half. It took me 2 weeks to have the energy to walked downstairs to shower and then I had to sit on the floor in the shower cuz I was afraid I was too weak to stand.

I very slowly and very gradually felt a little bit better every day but was still weak and tired and had the runs for close to 3 months total.

I also had a wake-up call to my addiction when my Mom had a heart attack and very first thought was "I hope I have enough pills" !!! I was absolutely mortified at my selfishness (My Mom is fine - probably healthier than me) and went to my Dr. told him no more, no way, and please help me. He was excellent about it and didn't judge me at all.

Keep on track, keep the big picture in the back of your mind while you focus on the minute by minute withdrawl and then the month to month recovery and it WILL happen. I read a lot of this site for comfort and watched a lot of TV as well.

Now I hope I can give some of that comfort back to others. I've been clean of oxy now for 2 years 5 months. It's do-able and you can do it too!!

...Ruby...
Old 11-05-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ruby thanks so much for the inspiration. 2.5 years, wow your amazing. Mowing the lawn was kinda hard but I just made myself do it. Just seemed to get a burst of energy today, I have been laying on the couch or bed since tuesday afternoon. Even took the dog for a fifteen minute walk tonight. I still have some foggy head issues and still have the runs. I notice around 9 pm i get really achy. Mostly my knees, not sure what thats all about but its liveable. I have to really give credit to my family for really standing behind me through all this. They have been a blessing, all ways have. Keep fighting the fight for the result is so worth it. Good night. God bless.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well here it is day 5, and I have to say today is going to be a struggle. I didn't sleep for anything last night, and my stomach is all over the place. I have had a headace since 4am and it will not go away. I forced myself to go for a walk this morning and it seemed to help. I will post later.