Notices

A few observations and curious

Old 10-30-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A few observations and curious

Hi all! Happy sober Sunday to everyone here!

I have been on this site and chat almost everyday since I have joined in July. Not a drop of alcohol while traveling, on Sundays watching American football, at business dinners or at social events. I have stopped taking numerous medications (on Dr.'s advice), passed a physical with flying colors, no high cholesterol, Liver enzymes normal, went from 240 pounds to about 182 and much more active. I know it is only 4 months, but I will fight everyday to maintain this gain.

So, this program works. The support here has been OK, the chat room has been a lot of fun with plenty of great people who are non judging and non blaming and there is a ton of testimonials that just scare me to death (motivation to adhere to my program).

Some of the observations are people that call themselves "readytodie" "tooscaredtoimprove" (I made these ones up, but you get the message). I don't get this? Isn't this self defeating? Every time they post or enter chat that's what they will be tagged as immediately.

Or those that think this is a dating site?

or people that post things like " I am sober 12 years but will have one drink on halloween". I see this as obvious trolling. This is a RECOVERY WEBSITE. Why would someone post something so hurtful like that when there are those here who lost loved ones and everything else you can think of? And then they are defensive when someone calls them out? Isn't this a reason to lock a topic or ban? Isn't trolling against the TOC?

"I hate my life someone please help me to stop" and then when you post to their message or talk to them in chat, it's more like "why won't people just pay my bills and supply my drug of choice"? I don't really want to get better, I want to get high.

I am just curious and wonder what my recovered brothers and sisters who come here daily think about the above.

STAY SOBER!!!!!!

:ghug3

Tired of
Old 10-30-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very well said Jeff. I know for me that it took a lot of tough love for me to get my @ss out of the bottle and the drugs and in to the rehab center. Had I not had people asking me the hard and fast questions and giving me the tough love I needed I would not be here today.

We all know that no one else can do the work for us, not our friends, not our neighbours, not the guy next door.. the work has to come from us.. so you either want to do the work and get clean and get sober or you don't. That said.. it does not mean you cant have the help of your friends to guide you in the right direction to get you there.

Attitude is everything... and sometimes no matter how deep down we have to dig you just gotta keep reaching and never let go!!

Great post Jeff!!