Notices

need advice please...

Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need advice please...

A friend of mine has a codeine addiction, started after breaking her back in several places. She lives in a country where codeine can be bought over the counter. She wishes to stop taking the drug, even though she suffers from what she calls "moderate pain", but each time she has tried, the one symptom that she cannot stand is insomnia. She is pretty tough, and can take the other withdrawal symptoms. She once went for several months without any sleep after stopping her self-medication, but got back on it primarily because of the insomnia, and secondarily due to her physical pain. In her country, there is not much in the way of any new tech rapid detox, only old style. I am stating her problem in the simplest manner, and would greatly appreciate any advice.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi tossinandturnin

I think the best thing your friend can do first off is see her Dr - they will surely have some ideas on withdrawal, insomnia and alternatives for pain relief

A few people I know from this website have also found NA to be useful for their codeine problems too.

Real life support can be very valuable

best of luck to you and your friend - maybe you can convince her to open an account here for herself?

D