Notices

Perhaps one last question on this subject...

Old 10-28-2011, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Perhaps one last question on this subject...

As I have posted in other threads, I am going through Benzodiazapine withdrawls...

I am wondering is it best to stick to some kind of a sleep schedule, or sleep when you can, when you are going through the long drawn out insomnia phase?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

[
I am wondering is it best to stick to some kind of a sleep schedule, or sleep when you can, when you are going through the long drawn out insomnia phase?[/QUOTE]

I personally just went with it. Slept when I could and if not I just occupied my time and try again later. It seems the more I stressed it the less I slept.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell22 View Post

I am wondering is it best to stick to some kind of a sleep schedule, or sleep when you can, when you are going through the long drawn out insomnia phase?
I hope you can work this out soon I know it's frustrating!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dizzydolphin,

Thank you, I do to. This insomnia is pretty much torture for me. 40 some days of little to no sleep, I have no idea how people survive this.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh also, after a few months did the sleep get any better at all.... how long did it take to start getting at least some decent sleep for you?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you going through the same thing. I've just been hanging around here long enough to know its normal for us and I know I'm not going nuts. Just riding it out, not sweating it realizing I never want to do this again.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night and a 1 hour nap if I'm lucky. And I woke up in panic attacks. Of course I was on oxycodone not benzo's. But I imagine it is similar. My panics have subsided substationally. 2 weeks ago I didn't want to sleep because of those horrible panic attacks. Now I'm just looking at it as part of healing process and learning how to sleep without using. It's a process, I suppose. Or that's what they tell me anyway. Lol hang in there. Keep posting and reading.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh wow. Gosh I hope it gets better for you soon.

Thanks I will.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do some research on 'sleep hygiene' it might help to whole situation.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Blood500 I will do so.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I went through protracted withdrawal from 20 milligrams of Klonopin, and I had to take 25 milligrams of Seroquel to regulate my sleep pattern. I took that for two months, went off it, and was placed back on it in May. I've been sober for one year now.

The insomnia can be debilitating. I didn't sleep for 10 days and went insane. I mean, no sleep for 10 days. Please see a doctor. My sponsor does take 50 mg of Benadryl at night and has had some success with it.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

MemphisBlues,

Did you do a rapid withdrawl or slow taper?

I am wondering if a slow taper would have been a lot better and insomnia would have been a lot less worse. I can't get anyone to answer me on this question.

I have tried Seroquel and the insomnia is the same even at 100mg. I don't understand what it going on. I have been throwing up for about 4 days now and I think it is from lack of sleep. I am miserable. I talked to the doctor who took me off of the Benzo and he keeps trying to tell me he's done all he can and that I am having anxiety attacks and the flu, which is BS. I think I am going to get a 2nd opinion.

How are you sleeping now if I may ask.

I can't go on like this, I am suffering and miserable. I need help badly.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FT

Hi T:

I didn't realize no one answered you on the taper. I'll try to answer without giving medical advice. It seems to me you stopped at a pretty low dose, so I'm not sure a taper would have helped. Although that web site I gave you talks about splitting even tiny doses into a REALLY slow taper. Did you ask them?

As to the Seroquel, it needs to be taken about 2 hours before bedtime or it won't work for sleep. Too close to bedtime, it keeps you awake. That's often not told to patients. It never worked for me anyway -- made me feel totally NUTS.

I feel so bad for you. There has to be an answer. How high was your mirtazapine dose? We may need to PM on this -- I'm not giving medical advice on that either, but talking dosages makes the admin uncomfortable if we get too specific.

FT
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi FT,

I agree that I am coming off a low dose, and am suprised this is happening, however I am pretty med sensitive sadly. :/

I tried to call them but they were closed when I called, and they aren't open on the weeked from what I read. So will call tomorrow.

Ah, perhaps I will try it again tonight.

I stopped taking the few things I had been taking because I had no idea what was causing what and needed to know. Now that I'm not taking anything it is becoming clear that it isn't the Seroquel that is causing my sleeplessness, and I was taking Zofran for anti nausea... I now know exactly what my body is doing which is good.

Thank you. I know, there has to be something that can help. I can't remember what the dosage was, but I know it was really small. I always have doctors start me out on very small dosages as I don't tolerate medication very well sadly.

I am getting so desperate, and not seeing an end to this for months and months, I am almost tempted to start again which I know would be so absolutely stupid.