Notices

Lorazapam help

Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lorazapam help

So, I've taken Ativan for years as needed with no problems. 2 months ago I stopped taking tramadol (after 4 months) and used .5-1.5 mg lorazapam a day to help with anxiety. Now i feel awful when I don't take lorazepam. WTF? My face feels flushed my heart palpitates constant battle with anxiety. I hate this. How long will this last? I'm calling doctor asap
Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well you answered your own question, and I think it's the right one to see your doctor to ween you off your medications. You are not going insane that's what happens when stopping those Meds. I'm new around here I' m sure someone will stop by to give you more info and support. Good luck and see your doctor for sure.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this seriously and call a Doctor right away. Your addiction doesn't sound too deep but it's NOTHING to toy with! Withdrawl from benzos can be very serious, and I feel gravely for anyone suffering through it. Many, many folks like yourself don't even realize it's a problem. Give your Doc the straight scoop on EXACTLY what you're taking, drinking etc, and let them put together a detox for you that will keep you safe. I also feel your pain with the anxiety. When I had my first full blown attack I wound up in the hospital, anxiety attacks are brutal. But there's so much hope, and lots of great methods for retraining your mind to recognize the thought patterns that spur on the attacks. Once I finally understood that my anxiety was my body sending me a message saying "Hey knucklehead you're deeply unhappy and you're killing us down here." it was crazy empowering. My anxiety was my own, caused by my actions and more importantly my thought patterns. I realized if my mind can cause me to be physically then my thoughts/happiness are seriously important. Even more importantly I realized if I can make myself physically ill I dam sure can do the oposite. Christ it was tough finally getting to that point, but it changed my life. Your anxiety sounds more like benzo withdrawl, and you'll get through with a good Doc. I'd also encourage you to learn some breathing techniques, meditation, or Centering Prayer (if you're the christian sort). It really helps to retrain the thought process. Very sorry to see anyone having a rough go, but ever stoked to see anyone get clean. Godspeed!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR
I'm glad you're seeing yr Dr sunnydaysoon - it's the responsible thing to do I think

D