Notices

Drug addict desperate to quit!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drug addict desperate to quit!

I'm trying to quit using and I don't know if it's me but I find that when I'm sober I feel weird. Kind of like I'm a little high. could it be that I havent been sober for so many years that sober is the new high? IDK tell me what you guys have experienced please.

another thing I find it easier to stay sober when I ditch my enabler boyfriend should I just get rid of him too.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mzbee after a week or two of being sober i feal the same get a real buzz from being just me. i feal free.
find myself singing in the shower and even on the way to work...happey..
its great fealing..
its not always been like that ..but the longer im away from the drugs and alcohol
the better things are getting
and thats even with a few slip ups hear and there...

it does feal like a high being clean. i just wish i could get ridd of the mental obseshion to get high...
but im going to keep trying .. and i hope you do too good luck
Old 10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agreed

Being sober is kind of it's own high. It's only been just shy of too weaks but the excitement of future prospects is it's own driving force. Feels great but I'm pretty sure that will subside after a while and I will be left to my own devices to make me feel good (without drugs). So what I'm telling myself is enjoy this new feeling but don't expect it to sustain itself.

Great job on being sober though, keep it up!!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went through all kinds of feelings when I was getting clean..pretty much felt like a rollercoaster ride. I can say that I am "high on life" now

As far as the enabler bf, personally I would get rid of him. Being held accountable and having to face the consequences of my action has been a huge part of my recovery.

Oh, and welcome to SR!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazz66 View Post
mzbee after a week or two of being sober i feal the same get a real buzz from being just me. i feal free.
find myself singing in the shower and even on the way to work...happey..
its great fealing..
its not always been like that ..but the longer im away from the drugs and alcohol
the better things are getting
and thats even with a few slip ups hear and there...

it does feal like a high being clean. i just wish i could get ridd of the mental obseshion to get high...
but im going to keep trying .. and i hope you do too good luck
I feel the same, my problem is not only my mental obsession to get high, but living in a drug addicted household is the worst part. where they throw it in your face all day. Like its ok. and i have nowhere else to go. I refuse to stay trapped in my addiction which is what keeps me going,