Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

So tired of feeling sick, I just about screwed up

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I literally cut the coating off an Opana and chopped up a small line. Panicked and blew it away into the floor. I hate this disease. Tired of being a ******* slave to it.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Then you need to take the steps to make it go away for ever. I know the pain very well. I'm only 12 days into a cold turkey washout from 240-300mg Oxy per day. Slept for the first full night last night, and every day is better than the last. Toss out the pills, get your life back, and take the steps to make sure you don't slip up.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Flush it

So true, you had a momentary moment of weakness, but at least you realized and didn't falter in the end. But M is right if you don't have anything around then there is nothing to possibly trip you up. I doubt I would be on day 13 if I had some spare meds lying around. I was never the one to save any drugs anyways, I did what there was until it was gone, period. Granted I know a guy 3 minutes away with plenty of pills and who will front them to me even but I can resist those, but not sure I could resist pills in my own cabinent. Do yourself a huge favor and just rid yourself of those temptations and it will be that much easier, I'm not saying it will be easy, just easier.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Roxy - that could not have been easy!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It seems tougher. Last night I get RLS really bad for first time. I just spent an hour working out so not horrible I guess. I was a workout and health fene before I stopped using though. Just a little bit weaker now. Not eating good either.

While using, I was on great vitamin regime and in incredible physical shape. I still take a good multi (Life Force), Tocotrenols (vitamin E), 2 to 5 grams of C, and Omega 3's, along with pre and post workout powders.

I have also used Mureina Purenas which is L-Dopa and converts into dopamine to boost hGH and free testosterone levels. This is only dopmine or GH substance known that actually crosses blood brain barrier as everything else dissolves in digestive track. Also have Rosea Rhodiola which modulates dopamine, reduces cortisol, reduces stress and improves mine system. The Murena is very well studied as it us used to treat Parkinson's disease in the form or drug L-Dopa. These may be great natural kicks to restarting endocrine system.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was a work out fiend before the oxy took over, too.

It will be a while before I am back where I was but at least now I am motivated to do so.

The RLS will eventually subside!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

These are herbs that may be worth considering in addition to L-Tyrosine and L-Trytophan for restarting endocrine and pituitary systems.

I have also used Mureina Purenas which is L-Dopa and converts into dopamine to boost hGH and free testosterone levels. This is only dopmine or GH substance known that actually crosses blood brain barrier as everything else dissolves in digestive track. Also have Rosea Rhodiola which modulates dopamine, reduces cortisol, reduces stress and improves immune system. The Murena is very well studied as it us used to treat Parkinson's disease in the form or drug L-Dopa. These may be great natural kicks to restarting endocrine system.