Notices

Whoa

Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whoa

Thought I would share a wee bit of good news. I am going on 40 days clean tomorrow after a long hard detox off of oxys. Until yesterday I was forcing myself to get out and walk a couple of miles every other day and do dishes when I could (even a dirty sink full of dishes wasn't enough to motivate me some days). I got up this morning after three hours sleep and actually felt better than ever (translation: I actually had real energy - not the oxy variety).

This is a good thing as my house looked like a hurricane hit it during and after acute detox and I had absolutely no energy than to throw a couple of items in the wash and usually stare really hard at the dishes (didn't work - they didn't budge).

I actually had the energy to sweep and swab and dust and put a ton of laundry through the wash. With six cats, you can imagine the hairballs that accumulated over the past month.

Just wanted to share this as there are many here who started detox at the same time and it is amazing how much better I am doing now. I do not expect everyday to be like this but knowing I am going in the right direction feels really good!

Sad to say I am not as quick on my feet when it comes to mental things (like MEMORY) but I understand that that will eventually come back, too. At least as much as it can at my age...

Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mind Power

Damn, Spica I was really hoping you could clean dishes and what not with your mind I was gonna invite you over LOL. But seriously that's awesome that your gaining your real energy back, I'm so happy for you!!

You hand out some great advice to people on here and it definately makes a difference, I know it has for me so please continue to share all of your wonderful progress.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome

So glad you are feeling better. As you know I'm right behind you on day 23. Good to know my energy will be back soon. Only get small spurts of it right now. I hear you on memory thing. I feel like I'm stuck on stupid. Lol keep posting please it gives me so much hope.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

that is really good news....

Try doing Crossword pussles to get your mind sharper. It matters not if you can finish I could not until I was about 6 weeks sober...
Many of the $$ stores have books....cheap and with different levels of skills.

I also play solo Scrabble ..set the kitchen timer and see how high a score I reach by x time.
I'm 75....I need to keep my mind engaged...
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Way to go, Spica!!! I'm proud of you (but I knew you could do it!) I was in exactly your shoes over 2 years ago, and minus the cats, had about the same housework to do. I didn't have many dishes, tho, since I hardley ate for a couple of months. My bathroom scared me when I actually looked somewhere other than the inside of the toilet bowl.

Keep at it, life just gets better and better!

...Ruby...

ps. the mind power will come back with time and I agree with the crosswords and other mental mind games. I play computer games so I have to be quick thinking and reacting so I don't die like 100 times!! I find it fun but it can be frustrating as well. I have phoned my son to come over 'right now - I don't care what you're doing' to 'play me through' a particular hard spot so I can continue!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spica, Sounds like one hour at at time and one day at a time you are doing what you are supposed to. Keep it up. As more time goes by the difficult times become farther and fewer between. Hang in there, it definitely gets easier.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear this (: I did the same thing to my house yesterday! Hope you get more sleep soon , speakin of the memory issue.. I'm 20, so my memory should return pretty well, I hope?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RubyRose View Post
I was in exactly your shoes over 2 years ago, and minus the cats, had about the same housework to do. I didn't have many dishes, tho, since I hardley ate for a couple of months.
Yeah, I hear you - food is just beginning to be appealing again (there goes my short term weight loss...sigh)

I didn't mention I also have three twenty somethings living at the house who can go through an amazing amount of food (and still stay skinny - major resentment alert). My son, his girlfriend (whom I adore) and a friend of his are in residence. Before anyone thinks - why didn't they do the house - I asked them not too. (That would have been my first question, too). The kids all helped me tremendously when I broke my ankle in May and was on bed rest for FOREVER. So this time around I told them I would take care of the inside of the house when I was back to myself if they would take care of the yard (which needed major work).

It is sooo cool to have the house and yard looking almost civilized again.

I used to love crosswords (except the NY times - always made me feel really dumb...) and have been playing a little bit of sudoku. Wish I had the stamina for video games - the kids here are all masters and it is amazing to watch them - but I am all thumbs on the console (and not in a good way). They also are "D&D" and "Magic - the Gathering" players so that gets interesting to watch, too. I think I will have to start small with Trivial Pursuit Junior...

Thank you ALL for the positive feedback. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

Here is to a great day for all!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Bliss, at 20 I was just starting to create really great memories...

I hope you have a long, happy, drug free life and create tons of excellent memories!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

39 days

Spica right behind you, thanks for the post. So glad to hear that you have good "feelings". Staying busy doing something has help divert my attention from using and being depressed.
Life, Health, Prosperity Spica
neferkamichael
Old 10-20-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great news spica