Notices

Am I screwing up

Old 10-19-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I screwing up

Got off 90 mg of Roxy every 6 hours 2 weeks and 2 days ago when I checked into detox. Did 8 day Subutex taper and still felt WDs especially when Subutex wore off Saturday. Since Saturday, I have been taking about 3 Ultram 50 mgs a day. One at night, one in middle of night when I wake up and one late morning to try and make it through a workday without getting canned.

I almost made it today without one, but started getting I'll and shaky. Days are getting better and I am hitting gym pretty hard. Thinking tomorrow I can function at work hopefully without an Ultram.

I know they detox using ultram at some treatment centers so I am curious if the partial agonist property of Ultram doesn't really extend withdrawals off true full agonists. Or . . . Am I just prolonging misery.

Just so hard to function, help care for 3 week old baby and try to work. Looking forward to being truly clean and living a good life.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Last time I got off of high amounts of codeine daily I used ultram for three or four days and then quit taking them all together, I still felt WD a little bit but they were very tolerable and only lastedfor about a day. Ultram isn't a narcotic so any WD you feel are from the oxy's still. As far as pro-longing the misery everyone is different but it didnt make it worse for me. I'm currently detoxing for my second and last time hopefully! A couple days ago I was wishing I had a couple ultram buy just had to bite the bullet. Anyways good luck to you and hang in there! I'm detoxing from oxycodon and hydros so if I can do it you can to(:
Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh and congratulations on the baby girl! Keep her in mind when you feel like throwing the towel in!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I feel so guilty even taking them, but I am trying to get through days best I can. One the one hand, I say long ways from 360 mg of Roxy a day and on other hand I am still not sober even after spending 8 days in a detox center. Knowing I can pop in my pain management doctor and get a free bottle of Roxy (insurance covered) plays with my mind a bit. Just didn't show up for appointment on Monday.

It's like I am willing to suffer to a point, but I have to sleep and show up for work. I do feel like a bit of a failure though taking anything.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't feel too guilty just make sure the ultram is a taper and not a replacement. You're making progress so be excited about that! Just try to keep your mind busy with other things because boredom will get the best of anyone, including me! Even though I feel like he'll I'm making myself do things around the house and running a couple errands, just don't over do it too much physically! Anyways be grateful and focus on your progress!