Notices

Help Aches and pains at bedtime

Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Aches and pains at bedtime

I am having aches and pains at night when try to sleep. Which keep me up till 3:00 am. That is the only time, I don't get them during day when I take a nap. Is that normal when getting of roxys? On day 16
Old 10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of people here suffer from nocturnal aches and pains, restless legs etc in withdrawal...I've never taken roxys but I'd be willing to bet it's pretty normal with them too.

Not sure why it would only be at night tho - have you seen a Dr?

D
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Dizzy, the aches and pains are a normal part of the healing process. Ibuprofen is probably your best bet to keep them at bay. You should start feeling better soon. Light exercise and stretching will also help.

Expect the sleepless issues for a while at night. We depress our adrenal function when on roxys and it takes a while to get a balance after everything comes back on line. (That is why I am typing at 1:15 am...)

Hang in there!!

Way to go on day 16!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Hey spica I see your from Orlando too. So you know the saturation of roxys around here. And how so many people are stuck on this ****, and can't get off them. it's crazy. I fell into it out of total ignorance not knowing at all what was happening to me. I've never been addicted to anything like this before in my life, except cigs. And I'm 45 years old, I had no idea they were synthetic heroin or I would have thought twice before ever have taken the first one 2 years ago! ignorance is bliss my ass lol thanks for the support.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

did you begin them on the advice of your doctor?
I'm curious...it eludes me why anyone would pop pills they know nothing about.

I do often have leg cramps ..only after sleeping for maybe 6 hour streches.
I use an OTC roll on product that helps a lot.
However...I'm not in de tox...just old..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eludes myself

I was given them to by doctor for scoliosis but never told what it was exactly. Here in orlando it's big business to keep you on them as the unethical doctors are making a killing profit as well as pharmacies down to people dealing them when you run out of your own script. All for profit.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry, but if you ended up in a shady doctor's office that wrote 180 Roxy a day for scoliosis, you may be bsing yourself. We as addicts hunt those out. I started out in a legitimate pain management clinic. They only write Fentanyl patches plus a break through like 3 percocets a day. They also write morphine, but I hate morphine. I searched out the Roxy doctor as my pain management clinic wouldn't write Roxy. I had surgery go bad and had pain, yada yada. I, however, have to stop aging victim and blaming others my problems.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Absolutely agree

Once I started I sure did seek them, it was my decision to continue for 2 years. Only now just trying to figure out how it all got started. I am 17 days clean and feeling better everyday. Still having the typical symptoms. Thanks for reality check
Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dizzydolphin View Post
Hey spica I see your from Orlando too. So you know the saturation of roxys around here. And how so many people are stuck on this ****, and can't get off them. it's crazy. I fell into it out of total ignorance not knowing at all what was happening to me. I've never been addicted to anything like this before in my life, except cigs. And I'm 45 years old, I had no idea they were synthetic heroin or I would have thought twice before ever have taken the first one 2 years ago! ignorance is bliss my ass lol thanks for the support.
Oh yeah!!! Not only are all my old suppliers (and there were a few of them) within a two mile radius of my house but Orlando is also part of the route for the oxy highway for some of the folks who come down from the other states to load up on them from South Florida. Oxy is incredibly easy to find in this town. And prices on the street are skyrocketing...

I did not get addicted till I was in my mid 40's, too. Thought I was in control for a while - NOT...

It is great to hear that you are doing well. It is ~ day 33 for me and I am almost human again...almost...

Hey, with a monicker like dizzydolphin, any chance you are a diver?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ya why did I do that

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
did you begin them on the advice of your doctor?
I'm curious...it eludes me why anyone would pop pills they know nothing about.

I do often have leg cramps ..only after sleeping for maybe 6 hour streches.
I use an OTC roll on product that helps a lot.
However...I'm not in de tox...just old..
Sadly I had no pain to manage and no real practical knowledge of hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxycontin, percocet, soma, and a few other pills that i popped, but I did it anyways, dummy LOL. Wasted alot of time on that and I'm hopeful for the future without them now. Never again will I take something I have no knowledge of and for recreation, at least I hope so, I think I wore it out, like I wore out coke before the pills started, only difference is I haven't brough in a new subsitute, I will use LIFE for my high now. It's so crazy how we dull our senses life has been so much more vibrant and exciting the last few days. But I guess when your popping a bunch of pills and smoking copious amounts of pot you can expect your senses to be dulled beyone belief.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm having to learn how to live all over again. For the first time in a long time have I seen this clearly. Tell me it's getting better day 17.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No diver just like dolphins lol
Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It does!

It for sure get's better that's a fact. Remember if you have a bad day, even peeps who haven't ever done drugs have bad days it's NATURAL. A bad day doesn't have to be about a step back in recovery it's just normal life. Ya, that little demon in your ear may tell you to use and everything will be O.K, but it's a demon, stomp him and rise above. You can do it and the next day will be amazing because you did!