Notices

roxi,withdrawel any advice??help

Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

roxi,withdrawel any advice??help

i feel like i wanna just die,it comes in spurts im so sick n sleep deprived,i cant,eat,sleep,i have sores in my mouth,my legs wont stop shaking i havent slept in3 days or eaten in4, i try but cant,my stomach is so bad,the sweat the chills,any advice...im doing this cold turkey no help at all!!! after 3yrs on them
Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi there, Jaimie3,

It sounds like you are in your first week off the oxy hell ride. I was on that same ride for 2 years, and I jumped off the train last December.

All the crap coming out of your body in terms of sweating, stomach issues, bowel stuff, accompanied by the aches and pains -- AND insomnia and restless body/restless legs -- means that you are successfully detoxing.

If someone told me to "EMBRACE IT" when I was going through the same thing, I probably would have slugged them in the mouth. But, in reality, if you put your mind set in the place where you understand WHY you are going through this, it somehow makes at least somewhat more tolerable than if you were to think that something is wrong. Try to accept that you will feel like crap for a couple of weeks. Pretend you just had major surgery, stay home sick, and tell everybody to leave you alone. Maybe you can't "embrace" what is happening to you, but you CAN look at this as a "NEVER AGAIN" moment, and tell the oxys to F-OFF!

Oxycodone and other opiates are TOXIC SH!T. Your body becomes tolerant of them quickly, and then dependent on them just to feel normal, and eventually addicted to them in ways you never imagined yourself capable of. Before it happened to me, I viewed addicts as somehow "flawed" individuals who were too weak to resist temptation. I no longer think that, and I am ashamed I ever did.

This is the time to surrender to the process of detox and let your body do what it must to get rid of that drug. If you have a doctor, ask them what you can take for insomnia and RLS. If you don't, there's not much you can do about feeling like crap with TOTAL LETHARGY for at least a week. The second week gets much better. There will be backslides where you suddenly feel worse for a day or so, but then you will continually feel better and better.

Truthfully, it took me a good 3 months to feel like I was no longer in some kind of withdrawal. But after that, I have noted improvement month by month even now. My old energy is returning, and my sleep pattern is what it was before oxys -- bad. I've always been an insomniac, even before oxys, and I now use a mild antidepressant (non narcotic) sleep medication prescribed by my doc, which gives me maybe 4 hours of light sleep a night. It's what I can get, so I'll take it.

Try not to do anything but detox this week. Even next week. Hit the fluids hard. Take hot showers and baths. Watch old movies or listen to music, but you probably won't have the concentration to read much.

Hang in there. It really does get better.

FT
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there jamie3 - it gets better.

My first two weeks off of roxys were a major pain but each day was less worse than the day before (after about day 4). (Apologies for grammatical snafus.....)

I have been clean a month now (my usage was pretty intense and long lasting) and sleep is still coming in spurts.

I did NOT sleep at all the first two and a half weeks then I started to get these little cat naps where I would drift off during a TV show (usually just when it got interesting) only to wake up in the beginning of another.

As a friend in the NA program kept reminding me - no one died from lack of sleep (well unless they are driving or operating heavy machinery - then all bets are off).

What was your average dosage towards the end of your using. The dosage and length of time also help dictate how severe / long you will feel icky. I see you were on for three years - I had about five.

IT DOES GET BETTER!!!

Keep posting and share your experience with us - it helps!!!