Notices

day 31 all is good but...

Old 10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

day 31 all is good but...

for all you youngsters out there please believe me when i say get rid of your addictions. i have a degree in electronics and a degree in computers. because i dont have a drivers license to get a decent job, i am reduced to taking whatever work i can get. i had to crawl under a house to fix some leaking water lines, worst than that i had to replace a smashed toilet that still had some number 2 in it. PLEASE do yourself a favor and get rid of alcohol and drugs.
Have a nice day, I'm not.
neferkamichael
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Michael))) - though I never lost my license (thanks to a very kind judge who dismissed the open container ticket I had - didn't even OWN a car when I got it, and he also dismissed $3000 of the tickets I had, let me pay $1000 and was done..because I was in recovery and working), I do know the consequences of our addiction suck.

I'm trying to teach my 18-year-old niece about consequences of actions and she just wants to argue.."I'm 18 I'm supposed to be having fun" while I find the empty cans from the 6-pack she drank here yesterday. I'm hoping and praying it doesn't take HER until she's in her 40's, like it did me, my stepbrother and stepsister (her bio-aunt/uncle) but hoping that working my recovery will at least give her an idea that there is life without substances.

Great on 31 days, sorry for the yucky job, but have had a couple myself, and it further reinforces why I don't want to go back and start this recovery stuff all over again. At least you ARE doing what you can, and that is awesome!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the icky job. I, too, lost my job - and I was making gobs of money - for the first time in my life I am poor and it is quite the adjustment.

BUT I AM CLEAN - as long as I stay that way there is hope!!!!

Have a great day everyone! (And here is hoping your latrine duty is very, very brief...)