Notices

28 days

Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

28 days

Went to a "pig roast" today, why out in the back woods, hosted by a member of the AA group i attend. Met many members of AA and NA groups from around the area.

First social outing ive attended since 7-10-2010, my alcohol sobriety date. Had a good time boosted my spriits somewhat.

Actually smoothed out the emotional roller coaster im riding

Anyway 28 days straight Gotta learn to focus on one day at a time. That has been the hardest concept to integrate into my rhinking.

I appreciate all the help and will keep coming back for more if nobody minds.

neferkamichael
Old 10-08-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm happy to hear you got out and socialized a bit neferkamichael. I remember when I was trying to stop drinking, I isolated a bit. Maybe too much, but it was right for me. I wanted so badly to stay sober and I knew I had a safe environment at home. I took it one day at a time...my strength grew and so did my resolve. I'm glad you had a safe place to go.

Emotions were all over the place too. I was in a fog that first month. Second month was a little easier. Your doing all the right things...keep up the great work! I'm thrilled your following through and taking care of yourself. Oh, and I certainly don't mind your posting your progress. Puts a smile on my face to see you working your recovery and moving forward to a better life.

Congratulations on 28 days!!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go!!!

A couple of my newfound NA friends took me to a Halloween dance tonite after the 8pm meeting - waaay too much sensory input for this recovering oxy addict with the flashing lights and pounding dance mix - a back woods pig roast sounds much better...

I managed to catch a ride back to a later meeting with one of the members who has a motorcycle and got to ride in a torrential downpour - IT WAS GREAT!!!! Most fun I have had since I got clean!

Glad to hear you are getting out and enjoying the good life...
Old 10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Michael))) - glad you had a good time. It took me a while to get the "one day at a time" thing down. I finally got to a point where I told myself I'd work my recovery as hard as I could for 6 months. If I wanted to go back out, at that time, well you know..crack is everywhere. By the time I got to 6 months? I was hooked on recovery

(((Spica))) - I'm envious of you on the motorcycle..love those things and it's been too long since I've been riding. Guess it would help if I actually knew someone around here who has one? At least I met a friend here who has horses, and that is really cool, too. Totally cool - got SR friends all over the world, yet one of them lives right down the road from me.

Recovery is pretty awesome

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Recovery is pretty awesome

Amy
Yes, it is!!!!!