Notices

41 hours off oxy's

Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

41 hours off oxy's

Well its been 41 hours off oxy's & honestly i dont feel too bad at all. Just feel a little weak, a little anxious. Havent had any vomiting, not one single bowel movement , so far no RLS or any major joint pain. Slept around 9 hrs lastnight, even though i did wake up several times tossing n turning. Kinda feeling super scared that the worse has yet to come. It it common to not be feeling too bad after almost 2 whole days off? Do you think it has anything to do with , i have been only using for about 4 months, with the last month being the most intake = 160mgs oxy? If anyone can help or give some insight please id appreciate it. I guess im just sitting around, anxious that the worst has yet to hit me & im scared =(

Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been in your shoes and have detoxed a couple of times in the last 2 years. keep in mind I take prescribed meds for a Chronic pain condition. If you've been taking for 4 months, I will bet you have a Physical Dependency and possibly no serious mental addiction. Your W/D may peak at day 3 or 4 but if you're not having much trouble right now, then good for you!
W/D depends on many factors that include, age, DOC duration, physical condition, diet, etc.
If you get through this with relative ease, then consider yourself fortunate because the next time you W/D will NOT be a walk in the park! I speak from experience that every time you W/D, it get worse!
If you have no need for the meds then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not get back on them. Your brain will tell you, "Yeah, last time was a breeze so we can do this with now problem".

Everyone on this board will agree with me when I say that is the trap of all traps!
So, the next time you use your W/D will be worse. Your brain lies to you again and there you go, the mad cycle of addiction begins.
I just went through my last W/D a few weeks ago and it was not very fun. I did it though because I am scheduled for back surgery next month. I am not going to have surgery again while addicted to these meds. Last time I had surgery, I ended up have an ileus that almost cost me my life. My stomach nearly (literally) exploded because all the narcotics caused my intestines to go into a sort of coma. I would eat and drink but nothing was continuing on.

So, take it from me and everyone else here that you should NEVER EVER use these recreationally ever again. When it gets bad, you risk your life, your loved ones, your possessions, your freedom, and everything else in your life. Your DOC can take over and it WILL BE your life.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Obviously can't say for sure, but it's highly unlikely that your physical symptoms will get any worse. You are VERY lucky. I'm assuming this is your first (and hopefully last) time going through this? I'd be willing to bet a dollar that you're are only going to be getting better and better after today. In a week, you'll be right as rain. One surefire way to get better faster??? EXERCISE!!!

Last edited by SgtFCAmerica; 09-29-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling