Alcohol And Something Else?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol And Something Else?

So I know for a fact my dad is an alcoholic but I'm wondering if it's something else also. He's been drinking in the house today, I think it's Vodka he's been drinking and I can hear him upstairs falling over. The banging is horrific but he's also (and he often does this) screaming in his sleep. Like really aggrresive shouting and talking nonsense too. I'm in the house on my own with him and I'm really getting to the end of my tether. I have a job interview early tomorrow morning and I just know I won't get any sleep so will probably have to sleep on the couch.

Does this sound like he's had one too many or is there something else to it? I know when I've been on a heavy night out, as soon as I get in bed I fall straight asleep but he's up, falling over and screaming in his sleep. It really doesn't sound right to me.

I'm tempted to call the police and send for a paramedic as I just want him out of the house!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You could always go upstairs and see what's going on. We wouldn't have any way of knowing. Good luck on your job interview.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds more like nightmares or even night-terrors, does this happen often?

Per my psychiatrist this is very common with PTSD, was he in the service or a victim of abuse, crime, etc.

He should see his doctor asap, go with him or call ahead, let them know what is happening with him.

If you don't have anywhere else to go you may have to call the police for fear he is going to hurt himself.

Good luck,