Notices

Prayers needed

Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers needed

My recovering friend's daughter, 23, had 2 grand mal seizures coming off xanax. Prayers needed for Sarah
Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for Sarah and her family, SB.

D
Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

hi sugarbear,

I'm so sorry for her. I hope she recovers quickly. Weird as it may sound, this episode may have just saved her life.

FT
Old 09-23-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Prayers from me

I can relate to the seizures coming off of xanax....2 days of them while in rehab a couple of yrs ago. I used xanax to come off of opiates this past April and they worked, but I tapered very slowly off the xanax. And I mean SLOWLY. I tapered from 4-5 mg/day for a week, to 3 mg, to 2mg, down to nothing. Did this over the course of @ 4-5 weeks and I still had withdrawals (anxiety, no sleep, wanting to put my head through the nearest wall, etc.).
Xanax addiction is a monster. But I wanted to get off the opiates for good so bad and I knew I couldn't face the cold turkey way (I am a weakling and I admit it). After the physical w/d from the opiates wore off, it was the pyschological sh** that was just as bad; that in combination with coming off the xanax. Everyday, though, it got just a bit better.
Yes, I still experience severe anxiety every morning (precisely at 4:55am), but it doesn't last as long, about 15-20 minutes and I talk to myself, pace the house, and tell keep telling myself "it will pass" over and over.
I still have some xanax for the purpose of "in case of emergency, break the glass" and several times I have used them as a last resort.
And I still have a little bit of the opiates in the house for no real reason, I know I should toss them because I have no desire to travel that road to hell ever again.
Those seizures are scary, I am not a medical professional so I don't know why benzo's cause them but it passes, I promise you that.
Godspeed.
Sorry for the length of this message.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((SugarBear))) - prayers coming for ((Sarah)) as well as you and everyone who loves her.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers going out...