Thank you

Old 09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you

Thank you for all your respectful posts and for trying so hard to follow the forum rules. Your efforts make this a great forum.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
you're cool, MG
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's all good
Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Thanks for the thank you! I try and do my best to keep this section active.

Sometimes, it is hard, because I tend to combine different approaches...so that there is in this synthesis some need to talk about that other program, but I try to tread lightly. Maybe there could be a mixed approach forum, but I am not so sure how well this would work...I suppose the general alcoholism forum already has this covered.

In any event, glad there is a place to discuss secular recovery, here, it is very needed and welcome.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And thanks to you too, MG!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

A big thanks to you, Morning Glory, for giving us this place to discuss our secular recovery.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I don't know what makes you moderators tick, but I am continually awed by your dedication and professionalism. Thank you.

In a few places on SR, there are lists of secular approaches to sobriety. I've noticed that RR and AVRT are conspicuous by their absence. While there surely are proponents of other approaches, could we please see RR or AVRT listed in the heading to this most interesting forum?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
In a few places on SR, there are lists of secular approaches to sobriety. I've noticed that RR and AVRT are conspicuous by their absence. While there surely are proponents of other approaches, could we please see RR or AVRT listed in the heading to this most interesting forum?
Ideally, I would like RR mentioned, if not necessarily linked to, but I can also understand the precarious line the mods have to walk, since Trimpey does have his own ideas. I know it's not easy to separate the two, but the thing is, Trimpey didn't invent AVRT. He learned it from those who self-recovered, which is why it feels natural, and even he admits this.

I'm not going to push the issue, since I personally don't entirely mind the "rebel" grassroots populist persona that RR entails. To be honest, if RR were a part of the addiction treatment industry, it simply wouldn't be as interesting, but perhaps a link to the AVRT discussion thread might be a good compromise?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

RR is a for-profit organization which is one of the main reasons you won't see it listed or linked to on this forum.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That makes sense to me now, Zulu, that is a good enough reason for sure. On the other hand, perhaps a pointer to the thread, as TU suggested would be helpful to those who talk on other forums about their 'monster' or 'alcoholic voice' and their difficulties in resisting that voice. It seems that these folks are already on their way to putting AVRT into practice and I would like to give them the opportunity to examine RR and see if it fits for them.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Never settle.

MG, Shockozulu, and all our other mods, greaters, admins, etc.:

Thanks for all your hard work. It's enough work keeping me in line sometimes, I don't know how you manage all these forums/people. You continue to amaze me.