Notices

WOW, I feel so much better today.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WOW, I feel so much better today.

Hey guys and gals,

Day 14 and I feel like $500,000.00 bucks (not quite a million yet but I'm half way there )

Anyways, had a little RLS last night but it wasn't enough to keep me awake. I woke up, took a nice long warm shower then came to work. Got me some eggs, bunch of fruit and a Naked Vitamin B Booster Smoothie (which I advise to get). I came clean to my girlfriend and she is PISSED! Hasn't really responded to any of my texts. I hope she doesn't leave me though cause I could really use help through this.

I think I'm going to take my beautiful Bulldog on a walk after work. He and I both need some sunshine.

Take care

PS: Did any of you see the Roast of Charlie Sheen??? Lol, that kept me in a good mood.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Phew! She finally texted back and said she's not upset just wishes I would of told her sooner... Which is true. I feel a lot better now . Things are really starting to look up.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My wife was pissed when I told her what I was going through but after some time and some sit down talk time - things got better. The best thing you can do and take some time to talk. Most importantly, take the time to be honest with her... and yourself.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

We learn to live our new lives a day at a time, King.

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better today.

It can be a bit of a roller coaster, especially early on, so I've found that patience and faith in the process can do so much to help.

Fresh air, sunshine and some exercise also sound like a great idea.

Are you considering a program of recovery?

I know I couldn't go this road without it -- and now that I've come to know what kind of gifts its cabable of, plus the consequences I've seen in other addicts who have insisted on doing this thing their way, I wouldn't want to try.

Just my experience, and my 2 cents.

No matter what road you choose, I wish you the best on your journey.

With love,

SIU
Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
We learn to live our new lives a day at a time, King.

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better today.

It can be a bit of a roller coaster, especially early on, so I've found that patience and faith in the process can do so much to help.

Fresh air, sunshine and some exercise also sound like a great idea.

Are you considering a program of recovery?

I know I couldn't go this road without it -- and now that I've come to know what kind of gifts its cabable of, plus the consequences I've seen in other addicts who have insisted on doing this thing their way, I wouldn't want to try.

Just my experience, and my 2 cents.

No matter what road you choose, I wish you the best on your journey.

With love,

SIU

Ya know, I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure. I'm not really good at opening up. Which is why I hid my problem for so long. This site here is a big step for me already but we shall see.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

I felt exactly how you described. Actually, from reading your posts it sounds like we had some pretty similar experiences. I hid my addiction for so long, and I was so ashamed of my using. It took a lot of courage for me to seek help, but after the initial (also very long) detox was over, I realized I needed to find a new way to live. My coping skills, life skills, people skills, you name them, had been influenced, changed, distorted or demolished by addiction. I went from being a socialite to an isolator. Through my addiction, I wound up just wanting to live in my pajamas, hoping the whole world would leave me alone. Recovery has become the greatest gift I never would have hoped for. It really works, and I'm living proof of that. I had no idea how serious the situation was until I got to the other side of it and became able to see things with new eyes. Honesty, open-mindedness and willingness are key. It isn't easy, just worth it. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

With much love,

SIU
Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KingofMyDomain View Post
Phew! She finally texted back and said she's not upset just wishes I would of told her sooner... Which is true. I feel a lot better now . Things are really starting to look up.
Awesome bro, thats good news!!! I think most all the spouses are pissed to begin with, afterall we have been lying to them for years!!! My wife was pissed, confused, you name it, but she is starting to come around.....
Old 09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you. That roast was awesome!! I thought Jeff Ross and Seth Macfarlane were funny as hell