Notices

Stomach Cramps

Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stomach Cramps

Hello All,

I have a quick question. I'm not asking for medical advice, just want to see what you think... I'm on day 13 of being clean from opiates and my stomach is still bothering me. I've noticed when I eat some tums I get a temporary relief... Is this normal with the stomach cramps from W/D or do you think its possibly something else like an ulcer?

~Thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had some cramps during my WD, but it ended about day 7... I am on day 14 now and havent had any more "bowel" or stomach issues. I would say go see a doc, doenst sound good.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on day 8 off Norcos and still have issues. Pepto Bismol works for me. Every day seems to be better.

I can tell you that my doctor did a procedure with a camera down my stomach a few months ago and informed me I was doing serious damage to my stomach spikking my Vicadin by taking so many at a time and on empty stomach for the maximum high/benefit. I forgot what you said you were on but I know for my DOC the Vicadin mixed with aspirin gave me way more stomach issues than the Norco which is Vicadin with Tylenol. Regardless I think opiates are damaging to stomach but my doctor said that if I quit my damage wasnt permanent.

I only had bad stomach issues for the first 5 or 6 days but again that may be my DOC could have been milder than yours or the fact everyones body is different.

I have cold turkey'd it about 7 or 8 serious times in the past 5 months. From the same exact drug and the same exact amount of daily use. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF MY DETOX'S WERE DIFFEERENT. That tells me my body is highly unpredictable thanks to the self administered abuse and I have all the comfort things like gatoraide donuts pepto Bismol Tylenol clonodine tissues and clean sheets ready beforehand but don't necessarily need or want the same things as the time

I am sorry I couldn't help you more with your individual situation but I really hope you feel better tomorrow!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey thanks guys. And Run my DOC started off with any type of pain pill I could get. I would do the samething as you. Chew them bad boys up on an empty stomach then head straight to the liquor store. Problem though was around here those got pretty expensive and later found out heroine wa much cheap/stronger so I started doing that stupid ****. The funny thing is you never think this kind of **** will happen to you. One day you'll tell yourself "Ah one time wont hurt.. I won't be like all the other addicts". next thing you know you're emptying your savings account to get high. I am done with this BS.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear you

I went on suboxone from my drug of choice, oxy, in 2008 and thought I was all better. Fast forward three years and I am doing a hard detox off of everything. At my worst I was insufflating over 750 mgs a day.

Day 8 of Detox off of everything - no substitutes this time, still have a ways to go - forgotten what sleep is like. My savings that I worked on for years is gone - never thought I would do that to myself but here I am...
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

King,

I can remember day 11 or 12 and still feeling VERY Quesy stomach wise. That was over 5 yrs ago, but it took a bit for the tummy to settle down.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Spica!

Originally Posted by Spica View Post
I went on suboxone from my drug of choice, oxy, in 2008 and thought I was all better. Fast forward three years and I am doing a hard detox off of everything. At my worst I was insufflating over 750 mgs a day.

Day 8 of Detox off of everything - no substitutes this time, still have a ways to go - forgotten what sleep is like. My savings that I worked on for years is gone - never thought I would do that to myself but here I am...
Hi there! Wow, there you are, hiding inside this little post!

I don't know where else you've posted, but welcome here!

There are a number of threads for you to jump onto, or you can even start your own. I just don't want you to get missed. I almost didn't see you.

FT
Old 09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi FT

I am still pretty shaky. I was going to post a new thread in a couple of days to share my experience when I am a little more clear headed... as with everyone else here - I am having a tough time with it - the first two weeks are hell!!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am Day 15 off a 150mg a day Norco habit and my stomach is hit or miss still. One day its fine and then the next its tore up from the floor up, its just part of our hell we are going through.....
Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Spica,

Yes, the first two weeks really are hell. When I quit last December, my husband expected me to feel "fine" in three days, because he didn't know I had lied to him about tapering down to almost no pills a day. Ha! Maybe TWENTY FOUR pills a day.

Anyway, needless to say, I couldn't cover up my lie about having the "flu" when I continued to be so sick for so long.

The third week is DEFINITELY better, so hang tight. You can do this.

FT
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by djensen View Post
I am Day 15 off a 150mg a day Norco habit and my stomach is hit or miss still. One day its fine and then the next its tore up from the floor up, its just part of our hell we are going through.....
Dj

My DOC is Norco too. I'm on day 9. Don't know how many mg I was taking. My bottles said Hydrocodone 10/325 and I usually took between 6 to 12 a day. I don't know what the 10/325 mg means? So if I took 10 a day (usually my sweet spot) how many mg was I taking?

Rh
Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Runhappy View Post
Dj

My DOC is Norco too. I'm on day 9. Don't know how many mg I was taking. My bottles said Hydrocodone 10/325 and I usually took between 6 to 12 a day. I don't know what the 10/325 mg means? So if I took 10 a day (usually my sweet spot) how many mg was I taking?

Rh
10 a day would be 100mg of the "good stuff", I was taking 15 a day everyday for a long long time!!! Glad to hear you are doing well, the good days and bad days will come and go but it does get better..... sloooowwwlllyyyyy.......

10mg/325 is 10mg of "dope" and 325mg of tylenol.....