Notices

Another Death from O.D. close to me...

Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Death from O.D. close to me...

So over the weekend my neighbor/best friend's cousin died. She was 25 years young and has a 4 year old daughter and she was taken from a heroin overdose. She had been into opiate's for a while, only pills though and this was the FIRST time she was doing heroin and apparently the guy that mixed it or whatever you do with it, made it too hot and it killed her. He was so effed up that he waited 5 hours to call the cops and she was long passed away by then. The police questioned him for a few minutes and let him go, but later they decided they wanted to talk to him again and surprise, he's long gone.....

This is another death that didnt need to happen and now her little girl is growing up without a mommy, keep this in mind when think about relapsing, its helping keep my eye on the prise.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry.

I wish the best for her little daughter. Hopefully she will be raised by someone loving and caring, and that she will be comforted during this sad time.

I hate this. so very sad.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is the most devastating thing ever, my friend said the baby girl would not let him go yesterday when he was with the family, he just sobbed and sobbed................
Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that DJ. I had a friend whose 5 year old found him dead on the couch with a needle in his arm. Sick thing is that wasn't enough to stop me. I started as a pill popper too (for 4 or 5 years). 5 norcos a day, then 10, then 20, then 30, then switched to 80's. Eventually making the jump just made sense. I will spend less and it is easier to get (spending less didn't work out so well after a while). Be glad you got out when you did and whatever keeps you from going back hold onto it tight!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((DJ))) - I'm so sorry. Prayers to you, her daughter, and all who loved her.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's death, DJ.

Addiction is a merciless killer, and this is a tragic reminder of that.

It looks like you've been given two weeks of grace from active addiction -- an amazing, priceless gift. It's not easy, but I know that for me getting clean was the most important thing I could do to begin the journey.

One thing I've learned is that getting clean is very different from staying clean, and abstinence is very different from recovery. Given the seriousness of this condition, have you given any thought to working a program of recovery?

No more funerals.

With much love,

SIU
Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's death, DJ.

Addiction is a merciless killer, and this is a tragic reminder of that.

It looks like you've been given two weeks of grace from active addiction -- an amazing, priceless gift. It's not easy, but I know that for me getting clean was the most important thing I could do to begin the journey.

One thing I've learned is that getting clean is very different from staying clean, and abstinence is very different from recovery. Given the seriousness of this condition, have you given any thought to working a program of recovery?

No more funerals.

With much love,

SIU
NO, I have thought about treatment but so far I am doing pretty well on my own. Day 15 here and it was a rough start but I am hanging in there....
Had an argument this morning and was called a "junkie" in the heat of the battle, hurt a bit but hell, its the truth right? Just not an active one, thats the best part......

Keep it up everyone!

Much love.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

DJ, my heart just breaks reading that!! I am sooo sorry!! I will be praying and thinking about you, your friend, and that precious little girl! Addiction has no boundaries; it is ruthless!! I know atleast 10 people that have died from OD'ing from high school. Did that stop me? Nope. My ex-husband died from an OD and left behind his little girl (not my daughter) as well. I wasn't an addict back then, actually. Even knowing that experience, I STILL gave over my life to opiates! It's insane what addiction can do to us!

I think what SIU is trying to convey to you is that even though you are doing AWESOME right now, and you've gotten through the initial withdrawal, there will come a time when things in your life will get really rough and you'll want to use. In that moment, you may not be as strong as you are right now. If you are working on your Recovery in some kind of program- doesn't have to be N/A or A/A, there are tons of secular programs out there - you will learn new ways of coping with your life other than using drugs. I was clean for over 60 days after going CT from Oxy and then relapsed. I NEVER thought that could happen!! But, it did. Anyway, I totally understand what you mean about being called a junkie and it hurting....my family has been really supportive. My husband has been MY ROCK! I've confessed so much to him that I swear I thought he'd divorce me!!! He just said he forgave me and that he loved me!! My sister on the other hand, made me feel like a big piece of sh!t yesterday. I just took it in stride, and ate some humble pie for probably the FIRST time in my entire life! I guess I deserve some of it. Actions do have consequences. But, it did hurt my feelings

Hang in there buddy, I'll be praying for you!!
Mel
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Mel, that means a lot and I do know what you are both saying about being strong. I know I wont be 10 foot tall and bulletproof when the S$%T hits the fan down the road sometime and I am at that crossroads. I just hope I can learn to turn the right direction and not down the path that I have already been down!!

Thanks for the kind words about my friend, she is in a better place right now but it still hurts.......
Old 09-25-2011, 01:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
July 8, 2011

I had a cousin die from an od on heroin and my husband died from an od on, believe it or not, meth after a relapse. i know how painful it is to lose someone, at all, and from drugs. its sad and its real. stay strong its crazy how when people die from drugs and then we all go out and use over it. my prayers are with you, and the family
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks a bunch everyone, the funeral was last Wed. and its still pretty fresh in everyone's minds. Its tough to see such a young, attractive, smart girl die because of some stupid substance. We found out that this actually WAS her FIRST TIME using heroin and she had "shot and missed" 3 times before she hit the vein and it killed her. She actually sent pictures of her arm swollen up from missing, AS she was still trying to do it, so sad.....
If she just would have given up after that second miss, she would still be here today.