Notices

hydro withdrawals

Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hydro withdrawals

I see a lot of stories on here abt people being addicted for years. I have been addicted since April.. does anyone know how long my withdrawals should last? My doctor gave me meds to help but I pretty much just sleep all the time. I have a toddler and I wont have any help when Monday comes arounds.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your withdrawals will last exactly 97.54 hours. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nightsd is pretty much on target but it depends heavily on the individual. There are many factors:
Age - usually the older you are the more difficult
Diet - the poorer the diet, the worse it is
medication - the harder the medication the worse it gets
Duration - the longer you've used, the worse it gets
Mental state - if you psych your self out wanting meds, well it's going to make it worse
Support - if you have support through friends or family, the better off you are!

With all that said, the most important aspect of W/D is a mental determination to succeed!!!

I am a chronic pain sufferer (Spinal Stenosis, 2 bulging disks, and a tumor on L1). I have gone back and fourth on these meds more times than I can count.
I go through bouts where I have little choice to use but I have learned through very painful episodes that taking meds is a far worse pain than my back issues.
Last Jan I decided to quit. I was taking 60 mg of Opana (oxymorphone) per day for several months. Prior to that I was taking 60 mg of oxy per day for months. While I had no pain during that time, I also had NO life either. No motivation, no sex drive, no hunger, no drive, no desire other than to take my medication.
THis was a huge deal with me because I am only in my 40's. I have an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL wife that I knew I would lose if I continued on my path. I made the decision to stop. I went through hell but despite being on such high dosage, my withdrawals were manageable after 8 days!

I will state for the record that I went back on meds several months later but at very low dosage. I had no choice because I could not walk.
I have gone back to being clean for the last month. THis time my W/D lasted just a couple of days but it was not much fun. During my clean period I have exercised, maintained a great diet, and more importantly, kept a positive attitude.
You have to remember that you are not only doing this for yourself, but for your child. Always remember this!

Whe
Old 09-18-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water. Take the meds only when your told to.
Vitamin A , E, & B are good and should help you recover a little faster.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Read some of the threads on this topic for more.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What and how much were you using?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No one can tell you that nightsd.It could be 5 days or longer depending on you state of mind.You will return back to the reason you took them in the first place..............you will need to look at this.I was addicted to Tranqualisers for 25 years.....I would not like to tell you how long it took me to withdraw.I was left on them to help me cope with Panic Attacks, nervousness,depression.These conditions did not bother me for years,but what I did not know was my feelings were gone...........gone for 25 years.Watch that little Tablet .........you could get more then you bargained for.You are so lucky to be only on Tablets for such a shot time.If you have problems get counciling.... There are great 12 step meetings to help,I'm still attending them.....I find ACA great.....find out for youself why you need to numb your feelings.

Im taking it that you are on Tranqualisers/Benzos/sleeping Tablets.Good luck.