Notices

For OP addicts, do you remember when....

Old 09-16-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For OP addicts, do you remember when....

(Most of us got hooked because of legit pain issues, and then took it to a whole new level of stupid)... With that said-

Do you remember the days where we took maybe 2 vicodins the entire day and it took the pain away, got a little buzz as a bonus, not the purpose in taking it (We only took it for the pain).

Then, it stops buzzing, then we keep piling on the doses

Then some moron Doctor puts us on a drug we could probably have gotten by without being on. (Oxy is mainly and was originally created for Cancer Patients-- I'm not talking about 5-10 mg perc's, I'm talking about the heaving hitters)...

... and then those weren't good enough so we started doing foolish things to get more.

... some of us got creative with the delivery method.

.... NOW when all is said and done, we've fried our receptors so bad that a perc or a vic won't do JACK ALL for pain and certainly not provide any type of buzz. This is why I had percs and tossed em--- they are about as useful as tic tacs for pain. Ultram is a decent alternative, but see threads on addiction to it and I don't get anything "fuzzy" or "nice" from it, but as a pain killer-it's okay used with Alieve or something. But I need to be careful, I have seizures, so I'm very limited on taking that.

.... I'm in pain every day from my nerve damage, I wish I could go back to day one... and made sure I only took it when nothing else worked.

Random thought for the day........
Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Man oxyious, that is pretty much my story you've written! I'm just finishing up day #30 off the oxy's and Alieve combined with ibuprofen has been keeping my back pain pretty much in check, so far.

It shocks the heck out of me that my back feels better now than it did when I was taking anywhere between 2 and 3 hundred mg of oxy's a day.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

Hyperalgesia

Hi oxyious,

I can't even go there with types of drugs and dosages. Too painful, too deep for me.

You know some of us suffer hyperalgesia after opioid dosing for too long. It may not even be "nerve damage" that causes you pain. Pain perception is altered by opiate overuse, whether recreational or therapeutic. What you would not have perceived as painful before will feel painful, or more painful, now.

You should read about this. If you can't find some good sources other than internet bullsh!t (don't believe everything you read on the internet!), I can send you some references.

FT
Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 8 off opiates and I am having the worst muscle spasms of my life. I have chronic back pain. I've taken my anti-inflammatory and valerian root and am on the verge of crying. It woke me up 4 times and I have never woke up from pain :/ I feel you. I don't know what to do because it is a horrific feeling.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

sbaybay:

You hurt because you are detoxing. Detoxing means you aren't filling your pain/pleasure receptors with opiates or other substances. Bare, you feel pain. Period. It's part of detox.

The only way around that is to fill them backup with opiates or a substitute for opiates like suboxone. Or, you wait it out, suffer a few days, and get on with the rest of detox that involves your whole body/brain system. Lots more unpleasant effects, all of which are part of detox. Soon, very soon, you start feeling better. Read the "I'm going cold turkey..." or "Kicking the Ox" threads, or other such threads that talk about withdrawal symptoms, to hear other peoples' stories.

Personally, I didn't want to add another drug like subox to my list of things to detox from. So I did CT. Tapering didn't work for me.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Man sbaybay, like ft said, "soon, very soon" you should start feeling better. It was day 11 for me that I started really noticing the change.

Stay with it! You're doing so well to get day #8 in!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi everyone.....

Please do re post on this on going thread for support

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

This one is closed...it's confuseing to have 2 so similar.

>