Notices

My story

Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story

Well I will just start out by saying that I am only 21, I have a full time job and in position to actually become a manager at where I work. I started taking percs when I was 16 to surgically repair my hand. I stayed on the percs for about 6 months then came off of them to go to a lower dose vicodin 7.5 I stayed on them for roughly around almost 2 years right up until 19 birthday cause insurance ran out. With me being young at the time I starting mostly just have really bad runs and feeling tired all the time. I then got laid off and put on unemployment. So I went close to over 2 years before I got my next job. when I finally found my next job is January of 2011 I started taking just half a blue loratab 10 just on days i had to work cause it help me focus and kinda get stuff done. I then got to where I was taking one a day, to 1 1/2 a day, Till about 3 months ago. I wasn't perscripted hydrocodone so I was buying them. I had no source for the tabs, and only source was 30 mg roxies. So being a manger of a store and making really good money it wasn't like I was breaking the bank to have to pay for them, so I thought i would give it a try cause I had a store to run and couldn't afford to loose my job. I actually started out with just half a ra roxie a day cause it was very new to me and a lot stronger. So for about month 15 roxies later I found myself doing just 30 mgs a day, doing half in the am and half when I knew it was wearing off. Till last month I actually switched jobs and found myself making less money and struggling to buy roxies, I found myself selling stuff just to be able to do 1 to 1 1/2 a day. I can see what impact this making on my life and how much I haye knowing if I will be able to find some to keep the addictiom going.

With this being said I don't won't my life to be controlled by a little blue pill, I want to be a free person and worry free. I started my detox 9-14-11 the two days before that I took just half perk the prior two days. As though I am prescribed aderall cause when I seen a doctor this was the reason for me not being able to focuse and just having add/adhd anxiety that I have. I have been outside for the past few hours smoking away and reading other peoples stories. I have already started with the cold sweats and cold chills as I am outside in 70 degree weather with a big fury jacket on. My leg is starting to hurt really bad and I am starting to get very uncomfortable. I currently have in my posestion 4 perk 10's and 7 xanex bars, and i refuse to take both to even shed a light of hope. I see that a lot of things i read say stay away from caffeine, with me being perscribed aderall, I seem to find that kinda hard. With that said, any advice or maybe just shimmer a light of hope as the actions of my wrong doings lead me to such a miserable detox.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR

I have no experience with the drugs you mention but I know others will - unfortunately the site is about to go down for maintenance but please hang in there

D
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trust me, no matter how much pain and agony I am going through I refuse to go back down the path I was on. I will continue with my aderall medicine as it seems to help me get through work. I can say I'm of work Saturday and Sunday, so in my mind if I can just keep going till end of work Friday, I think will set myself up to become a normal person again, and have a career and full life.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there, you can make it through this. The WD's are going to suck but its the reason they suck that keeps us focused when they are over. I am on day 10 of a 150mg/day Norco(Hydro) addiction and I can tell you from experience that the sweats and chills go away. I have had the RLS also and the legs just wont quit moving, but on day 8 that went away too, now I am just dealing with the mental issues of the addiction.

Hang in there, keep posting your progress, we are all here to help and are paddling the same boat!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support! I don't know anyone to tell or talk to about this problem I have 1 friend that really knows. I'm currently in day 2 and still sweating but cold.90 degrees outside and I have a sweater and my work polo on over, sucks trying to work through it. I feel like i have no energy and my body is sore, I seem to do well when actually trying to work through help keeps my mind off it. I keep gettin depressed moments, but I know time will heal, and I will come out on top and look back and know that I can over come even the best obstacle. What keeps me focused is what a friend said to me, "maybe after its all over, we can build upon this and learn how to help people not go down the road we went Down." To me the best addiction is the joy of friends, family, loved ones being by your side.

I'm kinda just ranting on, but even though its only been 2 days, I am seeing the bigger picture, and can't wait to get to the bright light that keeps me going through this dark tunnel.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WD is going to suck, but if you really want it you'll do it.

Hot showers really helped me, I never had so many as I did during the first 4 days of WD.

Stay with it!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You should feel a little better tomorrow, maybe not better but different anyway. I am proud of you for keeping on track, you can do this!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea i think worse part is having to work through it, I'm still here and I feel like I can't give it my all and I know I can do better, splitting headache and just wanna lay around, and play my ps3 lol. Which I have a lot of more time off coming up so I can rest. I'm off Saturday and Sunday leave at 2:30 tomorrow. Off Tuesday. So plenty of rest coming soon. Wierd though is my friend who is decoding with me is just have mental w/d cause he has the bepro word that is a patch. I on the other hand do not even think about taking them. I was told to take one to het through work turned it down.1 step closer to victory already.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThaLastTime View Post
Yea i think worse part is having to work through it, I'm still here and I feel like I can't give it my all and I know I can do better, splitting headache and just wanna lay around, and play my ps3 lol. Which I have a lot of more time off coming up so I can rest. I'm off Saturday and Sunday leave at 2:30 tomorrow. Off Tuesday. So plenty of rest coming soon. Wierd though is my friend who is decoding with me is just have mental w/d cause he has the bepro word that is a patch. I on the other hand do not even think about taking them. I was told to take one to het through work turned it down.1 step closer to victory already.
NICE JOB ON NOT TAKING THE "ONE" TO GET THROUGH WORK!!!

You can do this, the acute WD symptoms go away first, then you have to deal with the mental addiction and thats where I am right now. I am on Day 11 and the mental is the worst now that I "feel better" the cravings seem to be strong now. I am catching myself telling myself that "I can just take a few this weekend, no big deal, just get some work done", but I KNOW thats not the case. If I take ONE I will be right back in the saddle again and have to go through ALL this S$%T again and I refuse to do that!!

Stay strong, we can do this, feel free to PM me anytime!

Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ba1614 View Post
WD is going to suck, but if you really want it you'll do it.

Hot showers really helped me, I never had so many as I did during the first 4 days of WD.

Stay with it!
That is so weird. I was just thinking how high my water bill will be this month. The only relief I got from the WD this time and my past attempts was scalding hot showers. It wasn't like anyone told me to do that. I just felt compelled to keep taking hot showers every few hours. It helped.