Notices

Evening of day 2, still crack free

Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Evening of day 2, still crack free

First I want to thank everybody for the help because it works.
I go to an AA meeting on a regular basis and that is what has kept me sober since 7-10-2010. It is very strict and the conversations have to be about alcohol, so I respect what AA is.

There is only one NA meeting available to me and I'm going to attend it more often.

Now to tell a little about myself.

I'm 57 years old and have abused alcohol for 42 years, pot for 40 years, and cocaine for 32 years.
I got my 1st DUI at 49 andd my 2nd DUI at 49. That was 8 years ago and I still don't have a drivers license. By losing my drivers license I wrecked my ability to earn a living.

Okay, cocaine possess' and dominates me. It's not my drug of choice, pot is, but when I have money in my pocket the dark side blocks out everything, not absolutely, but it is very powerful and I head straight to a dealer. It has to stop. Talking about my alcoholism in the meetings is what has help my sobriety.

Now through soberrecovery.com I hope to stay straight. I'm really good at listing to the advice and am grateful that you are all here.

I'm listening
Thanks
Neferkamichael
Old 09-15-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice job, keep it up!!! You can do this, its going to be a tough road ahead but it does get better!!!

Congrats!!!