Notices

my daddy might have cancer

Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my daddy might have cancer

so today, i am grateful that there's a 50% change that it is just an infection.

my mom took him to the hospital this morning because he was having horrible pains.. turns out he has a mass ofenlarged lymphnodes behind his stomach cavity. the dr was "very concerned" by the mri, and said it's one of two things - an infection, or lymphoma. the biopsy is next week.

if anybody takes the time to read this thread, please send some prayers my way.

i'm grateful that i've never seen my dad sick before - literally only a handful of times in my life, the man doesnt get sick.

i'm grateful that he is here for me every day and has always been the best father that he can be.

i'm grateful that i'm living back home, in case, god forbid, the worst case situation does happen.

i'm grateful for every day i have my daddy, and in the event that this is just a scare, i'm grateful to have a reminder to show him how much i love and appreciate him because you never know what will happen.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Esyla, I will definitely be keeping you, your dad and your family in my prayers.

Will be wishing for the very best news!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for you your father and your family esyla.
I had a similar scare recently but my dad is fine now - I hope yours will be too

D
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you. i cant say how much i appreciate it. as you can imagine, im having a hard time dealing with this.. and the not knowing.. that's why i started this thread, so i could at least try to find the positives.

dee, i'm glad to hear things worked out well for your father. hopefully i'll be able to say the same soon.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for your Dad ,Esyla and your family. Think positive hun.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers for your Father, Elysa. hugs,
chicory
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Esyla, so sorry your going through this. I am hopeing for a good outcome for you and your family.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers sent to you, your dad, and family
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for healing going out to your dad

Prayers for comfort for you and your family as you deal with this situation.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

****{pop & E}}}
Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

silly as this may sound, i prayed a bit.. last night more than today, but today (in the tanning bed lol) i said a quick little prayer, and then when i was driving home i saw a huge rainbow. im taking that as a sign that all will be alright.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

holding you and your dad and family in my heart and prayers, (((esyla)))
Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Last year I beat lung cancer ...there is a procedure called Cyber Knife Surgery. That is what worked for me....
I live near Atlanta not Maryland....but.......

should cancer be discovered....I'd check with John Hopkins in Baltimore to see if they do it there.

Prayers continue ...
Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

the biopsy results were supposed to be in today, but they weren't. he goes tomorrow morning to find out.

thank you for your prayers.

if the worst does happen, knowing my dad, he will go along with whatever his drs say. unfortunately, we had a HORRIBLE experience with johns hopkins earlier this year, and just knowing my mom, she's written them off - although it wasn't oncology or anything like that. thank you for the info though.. i will def keep it in mind.

my bf won't talk to me about it.. his father is older and not in the best health, so i'm sure this brings up tough feelings for him.. it just blows because i need him. my good friend said she just has a feeling that everything will be ok. i hope she's right.

tomorrow i hope i will be posting that i'm grateful to have had the reminder to appreciate my dad and let him know how important he is to me all the time - the former, i'm pretty good at - i always tell him i love him at the end of a conversation or when saying goodbye, we get along pretty well - but thanking him and letting him know how much i appreciate everything he does is something i need to work on.

i've been praying a lot... sigh... this is just one of my biggest fears in the entire world
Old 09-22-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Esyla))) - sorry I'm late on seeing this, but sending you and your family mega prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Esyla)))

I've been thinking of you and your dad today

You and he and your family are in my prayers!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

elysa,I do hope and pray for you,your Father,and your family.
My sister in law was just diagnosed with lung cancer at age 47.
They say stage 3,but at first they said it may have spread all over her body to her brain too.The tests proved otherwise,but she still has cancer in her left lung.She quit drinking 2 month ago,thank God.

I have been researching some things.I looked for alternative methods to CURE cancer,not treat it but cure it.I was surprised to see there are many success stories.I urge you to investigate if your Father has cancer.You may find one that saves his life.

3 things we are looking at now are Johanna`s Branth`s grape research,Dr. Royal Rifes electro medical research and a 80 yr old man who cured his cancer in 3 weeks by taking dandelion root
Old 10-02-2011, 01:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I will be thinking of you and yours.

Been there done that with my Dad, unfortunately I lost him 3 days after he was diagnosed.

I don't pray, but I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

just lost my mom to cancer im sorry to hear ur news i will pray for him all i can...
Old 10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

so.. he has non-hodgkins lymphoma. i feel sort of jerked around with the info. first they said they thought it had not spread, because his other lymphnodes in his body were not enlarged. they gave him a 90% success rate with chemo. then we found out that it is stage 4 and has spread, but not to his organs. there are lesions on his bones, meaning it was barely caught in time before it reached his bone marrow. now it hasa 60% success rate and his chemo has been increased to every other week.

he lost his hair, which is so weird to me because my dad is italian and has always had facial hair and basically is hairy, lol.

i appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. this has been extremely difficult on me. i'm absolutely terrified and just sad most of the time he's responding well to the chemo from what they know so far - he's only had 2 rounds, the 3rd is this friday. i feel so sad for those of you who have said you've lost parents to cancer.