Notices

This is miserable

Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is miserable

My boyfriend and I had been IV'ing heroin all day, every day for a while now. Months and months of telling each other that we needed to quit, and never actually putting any effort into doing so. We just didn't care. Sunday night, we realized we had run out of money and dope, and decided to just quit cold turkey. I'm on day three, and I have never felt so awful. It just sucks knowing that all this agony and sickness and depression could all be over with one little shot, that I could finally sleep long enough to function at work the next day, be able to eat without immediately throwing it back up.
How did you guys get through the first week?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Depending on how much and how long you used, you're likely to feel miserable for a little while longer -- but not that much longer. Acute stage lasts 3-5 days, and from experience, I can tell you it gets worse every time. I was in the misery for ten days during my last detox. Using now starts the clock all over again, so if you're serious about quitting, I suggest you don't do what you know will make it stop.

Any plans for staying stopped?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About a year, though the first half of that wasn't regularly; being stupid and young, we decided to use opiates to feel less awful while quitting meth, and obviously that plan didn't work out so well.

Honestly, as much as I would love to just instantly feel better and not have to deal with feeling this way for even a day longer, I know what it's done to my relationship with my mother and with my son, and I know that nothing -especially drugs - is worth losing two of the most important people in my life. And luckily, my boyfriend feels the same way and he's had it pretty easy as far as withdrawals go, so he's been really supportive and caring in taking care of me these past couple days.

If it gets too bad, I'll consider a medical detox, but I really don't want to do that, I don't have the money or the time.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Every day, stick the amount you would have spent on drugs into a jar. What do you want to bet you'd be paying for the cost of detox within a week.

Ft
Old 09-15-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also flipped to other drugs to get off meth, I have been clean of that JUNK for 12 years now. If you can kick meth, you can kick heroin for sure, meth was the worst withdrawls I have ever experienced and they lasted for EVER! They make my opiate withdrawls seem like a mosquito bites, but they can be beat.
You can do this, just put down the junk, put the money in a jar like FT said and you will be blown away at the money you save. When you are done with the WD's, go buy yourself something nice or treat yourself to a massage, etc......