Notices

Hot Flashes???

Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hot Flashes???

I'm Anthony, 26 years old, 93 days off alcohol and other things...
The last few days and nights ive been having what i think are hot flashes (???). I feel it in my stomach/chest and it usually leaves me in a cold sweat. Is this unheard of? I'm concerned because i do eat healthy and exercise, and im not any more stressed out than normal, they seem to be coming out of nowhere...
My body has gone thru some crazy things in recovery but this is just strange...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Kodachrome,

It may be the cold sweats a lot of us get in detox, although at 93 days I don't know. Have you been TOTALLY clean for the whole 93? If you have recently come off of something, it could be that.

Having said all that, it is always a good idea to have your doc check you out anyway. Using does bad stuff to our system, and you could have something going on that you don't want to ignore just because you presume it to be withdrawal.

The other reason to get checked out by your doc is that a lot of withdrawal symptoms can be made easier to deal with if you doc wants to prescribe something non-narcotic for you.

Do get checked out.

FT
Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not gonna try to diagnose it even though I think I know....but here is something to give you relief while you wait to see the Doctor. Any Walgreens or similar store has them. They are re-usable "ice packs", but they are made out of clay (yes, real clay) so you put em in the freezer, they get nice and cold (they come with a comfy fabric pouch (with velcro straps if you need to attach it)... but anywho, if I'm uncomfortably hot for any reason (even for non medical ones like when my air-conditioning crapped out), I just wrapped that thing around my neck and was in bliss. (The clay makes it moldable). ... I've used mine over 60 times (maybe even 80)--either way it ROCKS and it's still tickin'.

They can be used hot too (they come with instructions to warm them up). Mine has been a life saver! Three years ago my ex put it in the microwave for 30 minutes (by accident) instead of 30 seconds and it EXPLODED after about 2 minutes, so be mindful of the instructions. lol I replaced it right away, you have no idea what a life-saver that is for not being "medicine". It does cost about 20 bucks, but remember, they last for years, even with daily use!

Last edited by oxyious; 09-14-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: my grammar sux