Notices

No Job, need help

Old 09-13-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation No Job, need help

I search all over google to find drug rehab programs. I'm a opiate addict, type 1 diabetic. No job and only 100 dollars to my name. I need to get into treatment now. My back is against the wall, everyone I know is a junkie, my parents want to help but all they can do is blame me. I wish I would just die. Everytime I wake up I'm having panic attacks.
If you know anyone I can email, or call right now I will do it.
Should I just goto the hospital?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, you can go to the ER and explain the situation to them. After you have detoxed, you can contact the Salvation Army. They have free rehab services. Good luck to you!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do they have "Fatih Farms" in Virginia? It's a free program funded by peoples donations of clothing/household goods that they resell or use for housing recovering addicts/alcoholics. I don'ate to them every year and I got the impression they were nationwide.

Unless you live a top a mountain in the middle of NOWHERE, there are usually free programs. (They might not have a "chef" or private rooms, but they supply you the basics, give you the tools to deal with your addiction and even keep you in "safety net housing" after the initial detox. (You share a room with 2-3 others of the same gender, have household chores, etc. AND they help you find a low stress job... ) At least here in FL they have that. I lived in VA for 6 years back in the 90's and I'm almost positive they had something whether it was through a church or again, Faith Farms.

HUGS< glad you're here

PLEASE REPLY AND LET US KNOW YOU'RE OKAY (if you are able to... if not we hope you are safe and sound in a hospital or recovery center).
Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oxyious View Post
Do they have "Fatih Farms" in Virginia? It's a free program funded by peoples donations of clothing/household goods that they resell or use for housing recovering addicts/alcoholics. I don'ate to them every year and I got the impression they were nationwide.

Unless you live a top a mountain in the middle of NOWHERE, there are usually free programs. (They might not have a "chef" or private rooms, but they supply you the basics, give you the tools to deal with your addiction and even keep you in "safety net housing" after the initial detox. (You share a room with 2-3 others of the same gender, have household chores, etc. AND they help you find a low stress job... ) At least here in FL they have that. I lived in VA for 6 years back in the 90's and I'm almost positive they had something whether it was through a church or again, Faith Farms.

HUGS< glad you're here

PLEASE REPLY AND LET US KNOW YOU'RE OKAY (if you are able to... if not we hope you are safe and sound in a hospital or recovery center).
None of that here I tried looking. I will have someone drive me to ER tommarow.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amc703 View Post
None of that here I tried looking. I will have someone drive me to ER tommarow.
Do that if you need to, in the meantime, I'm looking for a free treatment program near fairfax.... check back in here if you are able to because I'll report back with what I find.

Do you need FULL BLOWN MEDICAL DETOX or in patient rehab to learn how to "live again" without your drug of choice? I'm almost certain, on my own life that the programs exist, they just aren't advertised. Like here in FL, we have 2 state funded ones and they are not "super great places" but they do their job well when it comes to rehab. (I don't mean roach infested, I mean-- less privacy, kinda gross food, lights off times, etc). I'm a brat, I didn't handle being told when to go to bed, etc very well, but those programs do serve a purpose if your'e serious and you seem to be........so

CHECK back unless you've found yourself one, go with it asap!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've alreay found one in the last 4 minutes... PM me if you don't want to talk about detailed info about your addiction(s). You're not alone and when you get out of rehab, we will all be here with open arms. First thing is getting you safe an through a normal "initial rehab". Some of us have done cold turkey at home, but I don't even recommend it and I did it. (Opiates will make you feel like you're going to pass away, but it's benzos and alcohol that are actuallhy dangerous and nobody should do it at home unless they are working with an addictionalogist (doctor) that sets you up on a program with frequent check ups
Old 09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

do not have 5 posts to be able to PM what do I need to do?

what do you need? who do I call?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

They are open Monday thru Friday but have an emergency number if you are detoxing or suicidal that they refer you to ASAP, you don't have to wait for business hours.

Call the main line at 703-359-7040 for basic information--- if you want someone RIGHT NOW, listen to their menu and you'll get 24/7 numbers for help. (Different numbers for different problems and from what I heard, all of yours are covered).

I hope this helps you. (I didn't find it online, I had to call the non emergency police department in Fairfax for the numbers). Sometimes they don't advertise free public services such as these. GOODLUCK, PLEASE CALL!
We care about you here so please do report back to us when you are able to!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice work Oxyious keeping what you have by giving it away good job
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oxyious View Post
They are open Monday thru Friday but have an emergency number if you are detoxing or suicidal that they refer you to ASAP, you don't have to wait for business hours.

Call the main line at 703-359-7040 for basic information--- if you want someone RIGHT NOW, listen to their menu and you'll get 24/7 numbers for help. (Different numbers for different problems and from what I heard, all of yours are covered).

I hope this helps you. (I didn't find it online, I had to call the non emergency police department in Fairfax for the numbers). Sometimes they don't advertise free public services such as these. GOODLUCK, PLEASE CALL!
We care about you here so please do report back to us when you are able to!
Your amazing. A stranger did this much for me I'm touched.
I can make it through the night. Morning is going to be pretty hard. I'm a bad opiate addict. I say opiate loosly cause its basicly any opiate. Heroin... pain killers.. whatever...
I've used the last two days to taper. I had my last dosage (injection via fat tissue) at 3pm estn. It was a very small amount. You'd have to squint to see it type of small amount. It's enough to keep me stable until the 8am business hours. Until then I'll give them a call and find my options. Until then I'm motivated enough to keep it together. I've eaten, taken my medication (insulin) and was able to take a phenegan 20 min ago that should put me to sleep after a movie.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FT

Excellent!

Originally Posted by tbeit View Post
Nice work Oxyious keeping what you have by giving it away good job
Excellent observation, tbeit! There is no greater gift to another than the sharing of oneself, or of what may be deemed yours. If more people would think that way, it would be a better planet.

Right on oxyious!

FT
Old 09-14-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Progressive Metal Vocalist

ffx county has a county sponsored detox. You need to go to intake and if they have space they will take you. it's generally for indigent addicts and the uninsured. it's not "cushy", but it works.
There are also several state/county funded rehab centers in the area. Some of for younger folks (2nd genesis)) and crossroads. It's a BIG metro area-look around-salvation army also has a rehab facility right in annandale off 236.
/-GS
Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
ffx county has a county sponsored detox. You need to go to intake and if they have space they will take you. it's generally for indigent addicts and the uninsured. it's not "cushy", but it works.
There are also several state/county funded rehab centers in the area. Some of for younger folks (2nd genesis)) and crossroads. It's a BIG metro area-look around-salvation army also has a rehab facility right in annandale off 236.
/-GS
Got it, October 3rd I'm setup to go. They said if I need to- right; this moment they could get me into detox.
Lucky I had enough will power to taper, I fell asleep fine. I DID wake up sweaty and stinky at 10am, but... I feel fine..
Discussed it with my family today everyone thinks its a good idea.
Till october 3rd I might be a little stir crazy. I surrendered everything but my desktop and guitar.
I've detoxed enough times on my own, but never got any help further than that.
This time I'm motivated enough to get help.
I appreciate the help.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome AMC, good for you!!! We wish you all the best and know this will work out for you!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you AMC703 be kind to your self and try to stay positive.Be very careful about the I can use one more time I'm going to rehab in Oct demon.Overdoses can happen right before the miracle.Once again congradulations
Old 09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tbeit View Post
Good for you AMC703 be kind to your self and try to stay positive.Be very careful about the I can use one more time I'm going to rehab in Oct demon.Overdoses can happen right before the miracle.Once again congradulations
You bet.
I've already had the thought. Although I'm not going through heavy wd symptoms, today has been a rough one emotionally.
One second I feel like I'm having a panic attack, the next I can bearly keep my eyes open.
I'm exhausted. I just want my life back.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It will come back AMC, its going to be a rocky road but you can make it!!! We have faith in you, keep us in the loop!
I have had so much help here and I am just trying to give back, its been a God sent for me.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

second night was rough. I couldnt stop moving. Third day seemed pretty intense . I kept myself as busy as I could, but ended up going into panic attack mode again.
I took some hot showers and tried a 30 min walk.
Legs are killing me. No energy, but I'm restless.

Lets see how the third night is.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((amc))) - from what I've read, the restless legs are pretty common during opiate withdrawals. Some people get REALLY friendly with their bath tubs and hot water, as well as gatorade/powerade and immodium.

Hang in there, sweetie..this can be the last time you have to go through with this. I read a lot of stories, when I first got here, and it kept me preoccupied and reminded me of why I didn't want to go back out.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

AMC- the second and third nights were the worst for me also, the RLS and aches were unbearable. I actually had to get up out of bed, (hell, I was awake anyway) and walk around the house and went outside (3am) and just listened to the sound of nothing and focused on my thoughts. I am not a meditator or a Yoga guy or anything like that but it was really relaxing to do that, the silence was deafning.....

Good luck, hope your day is going ok, keep us posted!!