Notices

How do I tell him I can't do this anymore?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The thing that bothers me is the fact when we are together, he barely talks to me yet finds time to constantly text or call his family and friends when I'm around. I want to call him out on that it bothers me but how? I'm not one to ask questions. "forced conversations" sound so fake. Myself, I barely say a word. I'm like that with everyone. He has told me he isn't in a relationship. I do have a hunch that I'm not the only girl he is fooling around with.

Another that makes mad is promising to call later in the evening or whenever then doesn't.

His drug of choice is injecting painkillers.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, Tracey. Addicts don't have relationships, they take hostages. If he says he's not in a relationship, believe him. He isn't. Not with you nor anyone else. You deserve better.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My only relationship when I was using was with my drug of choice. Unfortunately it didn't leave much more of me for people to work with. You can't be in a relationship with an addict that has no desire to stop using. Especially this guy you're talking about. Leave him ASAP!

It's not as complicated as we make it out to be when we're gonna tell someone we're leaving. You don't have to defend your decision. Just tell him you're leaving, via a note or something, and be gone.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been digging my brain thinking of the right thing to say and be done with it. Its a combination of things, not just the drug use
Old 09-11-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

Believe me, Tracey69, he's not digging around in HIS brain for the right thing to say to YOU about ANYTHING. Go find someone who isn't having an affair with drugs.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How about: "I can't do this anymore, goodbye."

That oughta work....
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree, he isnt in a relationship with you, hes making love to his IV painmeds.......

Trust me, I have been the guy in this situation and we dont give a S#$T about you or anyone else when we are using.....

Here is a way to put it to him if you dont want to be mean.

"I am sorry I have to leave you, you are killing yourself and I am not going to stand around and watch you do it as you push me away".