Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

here is how i have 14 days today off pain pills

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I am a recovering alcoholic who had to go on percocet. I have 14 days clean today, just a start, here is how I got here

1. Admitted step 1 to my doctor and friends
2. Began a taper with my doctor from 80-100 mg of perc to 30 mg ( 10% a week reduction)
3. Go to a 12 step meeting every day or as often as possible
4. Light exercise, sometimes heavy exercise but don't recommend that
5. Got prescribed ambien, non benzo
6. Got to 30-25 mg for a couple weeks, flushed the rest, went CT . It was NOT that bad, 3 to 5 days of some lethargy , sleep challenges, etc, but doable
7. Stay honest in a program, with doctor, and sponsor
8. Take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if needed
9. Do not beat yourself up for getting addicted, having a hard time getting off, etc, the addiction to opiates is serious stuff, a nightmare, but it can be done
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your progress with us oneday

D
Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope to help someone else, but I'm only a couple weeks. However , been sober from alcohol for quite a few 24 hours .
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 of cold Turkey from a 100mg a day norco habit, its tough, sneezing and can't eat, achy, you name it. I have to do this for my wife, 3 year old daughter and myself. I'm glad I found this forum.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi DJ
How are you doing today? Please let me know. It gets WAY better after day 3. 100mg to zero is a bit rougher than I did, so it really helps to take hot showers, pray, go to meetings, and dont beat yourself up I am a parent too and we never meant to get addicted, it just happens. Godspeed
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 19 and I feel great, I was fine after 5 to 7 days, totally fine
Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am feeling a teeny tiny bit better today but still crappy. I know day 3 and 4 are gonna suck but I should start feeling better physically by the weekend I would hope. Oh joy, just in time to be left alone at home (my wife works weekends), good thing I burnt EVERY dope bridge I had or I am not sure what boredom would bring. I am looking forward to being high on life and not some stupid pill! hang in there, stay clean!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Right on DJ. I have been sober for many years from alcohol and cocaine, my original drugs of choice, but got slammed with this addiction, it is one day at a time

Every dope bridge I have ever seen, comes back or even someone spams you with an email to buy on line, so I go to meetings. No way my self will will keep me sober forever.

I have alerts on this thread, so keep it up, you are right, it will get much easier very very soon. The one thing that i found is untrue, is if you read on all the on line horror stories, I think many of them are exasperated a bit , these drugs have a very short half life, they are out of your system quickly, it then becomes the mental addiction, which is much more powerful. Hang tough
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks buddy, I will do exactly that!!! Lunch time, lets go see if I can eat, wish me luck!