Notices

The chemical Imbalance and barefoot myths

Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The chemical Imbalance and barefoot myths

This is fact: There are n0 genetic tests, n0 brain scans, bl00d tests, chemical imbalance tests 0r X-rays that can scientifically/medically pr0ve that any psychiatric dis0rder is a medical c0nditi0n. Peri0d.

If there were such verifiable brain scans, or in fact any medical/scientific test that could show a physical/medical abnormality for any psychiatric disorder, the public would be getting such tests prior to being administered psychiatric drugs.

The Heath code for no bare-feet is a myth !

it was created to keep hippies out in the early 1070s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no shoes no sevice signs
Of course, the signs spread like wild-fire, and before too long people became convinced that the signs were required by Health Codes (they’re not). These days, most stores do not have such signs, but the myth of the Health Code lives on.

Regarding Health Codes, the Society for Barefoot Living regularly writes to the Departments of Health for all the states to confirm that there are no such Health Department requirements. You can see the resulting reply letters here.

anyone know any other good myths?

Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-25-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AkathisiA View Post
This is fact: There are n0 genetic tests, n0 brain scans, bl00d tests, chemical imbalance tests 0r X-rays that can scientifically/medically pr0ve that any psychiatric dis0rder is a medical c0nditi0n. Peri0d.
Hello Aka.....I'm really sorry that you have had such a bad experience with the mental health community. It's a shame when certain members of that community end up harming instead of helping.

Actually, I'm a scientist and researcher (Earth Scientist), and I have seen some peer-reviewed medical literature which show differences in brain chemistry and structure that are correlated with certain mental health diseases. Since it is not my field, I cannot quote those articles, but would be happy to look them up and foward the citations to you if you would be interested.

I totally agree with the bare foot thing.....I used to have a physical oceanography professor who went without shoes year round. Well, except when he had to get on public transportation.......

I hope that you will be able to find a good program for yourself so that your life can be peaceful and joyful.

HG
Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=AkathisiA;3083337]
The Heath code for no bare-feet is a myth !

it was created to keep hippies out in the early 1070s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-)

Maybe it's due to the scrambling of the brain cells back in my hippy daze but I'm having trouble comprehending today.

I wish there was a test one could take to determine whether a mood disorder exists but my friends and family knew something was up with me before I was diagnosed by the behavior I exhibited for years before that.

Interesting topic...
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Just because something can not be seen does not mean it does not exist. History repeatedly bears this fact out. Gravity, the world not being flat, molecules, DNA, etc... I can not see the wind but I can see it's effect and feel it. That is no different than my mental illness, I can see it's effect and I can feel it to the core of my being. My personal experience differs from yours but your experience does not invalidate my own. I know from my experience that I did not just dream up my mental illness, some doctor did not make them up to support greedy drug companies, the mental health system is not out to get me, medications can and many times do help, therapy helps, genetics/environment play a role in mental illness, my mental illness can kill me and has come very close to doing that especially when it is untreated, my mental health illness have a direct effect on those that love and care about me, I would love for this to be just in my imagination because then I could just disregard it and it would go away but that is not reality, mental illness is not a myth it is an unfortunate reality of life just as diabetes and cancer are.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I qualify to be here

Im crazy, i drank for 20 years daily. doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

I have also done "hell" quit drinking or cant drink enough point > racing thoughts> >> > >> > >

insomnia> pointless anxiety> panic> > to tired to rest now > > panic attacks > no place is safe > music is beautyful I have eyes and ears like a cat look at the stars > > > > > > >>> >>>

>>>seeing my imagination> > >> > >believing my nightmares > >>>

>>>>>>>>>>> I must be Dead now and this is hell what have I done.

Been there done that, many times.

Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-25-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more >>>s
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

did i post or get a freeze screen ?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Hello Aka.....I'm really sorry that you have had such a bad experience with the mental health community. It's a shame when certain members of that community end up harming instead of helping.

Actually, I'm a scientist and researcher (Earth Scientist), and I have seen some peer-reviewed medical literature which show differences in brain chemistry and structure that are correlated with certain mental health diseases. Since it is not my field, I cannot quote those articles, but would be happy to look them up and foward the citations to you if you would be interested.

I totally agree with the bare foot thing.....I used to have a physical oceanography professor who went without shoes year round. Well, except when he had to get on public transportation.......

I hope that you will be able to find a good program for yourself so that your life can be peaceful and joyful.

HG
I would like to see that, think your talking f-MRI blood oxygen use mabey.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You definitely did post, Aka....

We all belong, here.....all of us are just trying to move forward each day as best we can.

It's clear that you are still very upset. Have you been able to get a decent night's rest recently? I can certainly feel as if I'm coming unhinged if I become sleep deprived....
Old 08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'll work on those articles for you over the next few days and forward either citations or pdf's of the actual articles if you would like.....
Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

no im ok, this all reminds me why I should never drink again !! nothing bad has ever happend to me without alcohol playing a part , ever. never ever.

plus im the old stlye radio shack nerd type, thats where my science thing comes from. or started,

why dont electrons fly out of the sides of a magnet coil due to cytrivical force ? im building an anti gravity "everything magnet" but need that awnser to get it to work

Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-25-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: more writin
Old 08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

dont drink goto meetings

Last edited by AkathisiA; 08-25-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: posted twice,screen freeze writin something
Old 08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Magnetics!! What an interesting field! Physics and physical chemistry textbooks are where you want to look....

For this field, you can even buy some great used ones on-line or at a local bookstore. Oh, and try not to pull your fillings out with that magnet, huh?!

And you are right......not drinking helps!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If there were such verifiable brain scans, or in fact any medical/scientific test that could show a physical/medical abnormality for any psychiatric disorder, the public would be getting such tests prior to being administered psychiatric drugs.

fact or myth ???????????????????????

the reason you dont put hot food in the refigerater is all a myth from back in the days of the ICE BOX the ice would melt before the iceman deliverd and people still think no hot food in fridge !

fact or myth ???????????????????????
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You mean like the time I was told that I couldn't take any sort of medicine with CocaCola because the medicine wouldn't be effective? I still laugh at that one!

Hmmmm....still don't think I would put something I had just taken off the stove into a plastic container and into the freezer right next to my ice cream....

Peaceful evening to all....HG
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

“All psychiatrists have in common that when they are caught on camera or on microphone, they cower and admit that there are no such things as chemical imbalances/diseases, or examinations or tests for them. What they do in practice, lying in every instance, abrogating [revoking] the informed consent right of every patient and poisoning them in the name of ‘treatment’ is nothing short of criminal.” —Dr. Fred Baughman Jr., Pediatric Neurologist

Thanks Dr. Fred Baughman Jr., Pediatric Neurologist, I was told for years I had the
"chemical imbalance disease".