Notices

finally beat the lortab/narco

Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally beat the lortab/narco

Well proud to say I am 4 days clean. I have posted a few other threads before on my progress but they kept deleting them. I have been abusing hydro for 2 years. I have quit many times with no luck. This past time I was at my worse. I was taking between 30 to 40 10/650mg hydros a day. So needless to say it got really bad. I have the same story as everyone else here started with 2 herniated disks in my back then yee haa down in a hole from there. Almost lost my wife,my kids,my job, and everything else I have worked for. Don't get me wrong this can happen to anybody. I have a college degree in diesel enginering making 100grand a year but I was spending anywhere between 1 to 3 thousand a month on stupid ass pills. Ok well I have withdraweled many many many many times but this time was different. I went from 30 a day to 0 cold turkey and I was well prepared this time I had a plan and everthing I needed to and I have to say this time was not bad. I'm on day 4 have had no diariea, just a little cold sweats,been a little tired but not too bad hell me and the family went on a 5 hour fishing trip yesterday and ya I was a little worn out but ok. Only problem I'm haveing is sleep only can sleep bout 2 hours straight. Stupid rls lol. But if that's the worse of it thank u god. I have been begging god for this second chance and not to make this time too hard on me cause god knows the other at least 20 times I quit I went through pure hell but this time was so different. I felt so strng and detrmined that I was taking back my life. I have 3 beautiful kids and a wonderful wife that has tried to help me all she could. But let's face it were addicts we can only help ourselves. Before everytime I went through this I was not so strong willed like this and got me thinking. Are the reasons why the withdrawels usually so bad just cause we make our selves a nervous wreck and force ourselves to feel worse then we really have to. Cause before I would be a nervous wreck and withdrawels were hell. This time I came prepared with all the stuff I needed to counter withdrawels and I came into it very strong and calm. And its been almost a breeze. I just don't understand but I HAVE CONTROL NOW. I AM A FATHER AND A HUSBAND AND ILL BE DAMNED IF ANY PILL OR DRUG WILL EVER TAKE THAT FROM ME. I have read many others posts throughout the last year on here and I thank you for the inspration. My name is eric and I'm a addict and I'm proud to say I won this round.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lol where did that welcome sign come in my thread.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Eric, and welcome! Funny thing about the "welcome" -- you must have accidentally pushed some button, or maybe it was GOD TALKING. Ha! Sorry, I have a sarcastic sense of humor, and I couldn't help myself. (I am not religious. Please, no arguments folks)

You will find ALL sorts of people here -- many with college degrees and professional careers. Some street educated. And everything in between.

My oxy addiction started with a torn left meniscus and grew bigger and bigger through double knee replacement surgeries and then a hysterectomy, and before I knew it I had two years of addiction under my belt. I jumped off the oxy train last December. In fact, today, I have 8 months.

Congratulations on the 4 days you have now. It is nothing to sneeze at (pardon the pun, you are probably doing lots of sneezing), and you are just clearing the first week hump that a lot of people refer to as the worst part of early withdrawal.

Expect to feel sick for the next couple of weeks, no sleep, racing thoughts, restless legs, restless body, bad stomach cramps, hot/cold flashes, and more. The worst thing for me was the lethargy that came with it.

The second week is usually better. The third week even more. But expect bumps in the road where you feel like you are backtracking and back to square one. Just treat yourself like you are getting over a bad flu, drink tons of fluids, and try not to go to work the first week.

If you haven't already, check out PAWS websites, and come here often for support and encouragement. You have a lot to get clean for.

Hang tight for the ride, it is so worth it.

FT
Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Plum,

Good job brother. My story is very similar to yours but unfortunatly my story involes divorce because of my addiction. You never need to go through what I had to. Just keep on keeping on. Are you going to aa/Na and working with a sponsor? It's been working for me it can for you too!! Good job!!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My story was about 2 months from divorce,losing all I have worked for,losing my kids,and a 100grand a year job. I caught it right before I lost it all. My boss was threating me,my wife threating to leave and I finally woke up but **** it now 4.5 days clean I'm going jogging this will not beat me.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

4days clean on the 15th, today is the 20th meaning u should be by day 9.
Congrats man, but you seem way to overconfident, humble yourself.
From my personal experience overconfidence and cockiness is what led to my relapse. The battle has just started my friend.....