Notices

time between using and feeling better

Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time between using and feeling better

In your personal experience, was there a time period between when you quit and when you felt better that you actually felt more insane? And maybe a little more sluggish? I know it's normal to feel crappy right now but it's just really hanging on.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi johnrambo,

Even though I felt better week by week for the first 3 months, the 3 month mark was where I actually started feeling my old energy return. Up til then, I had hills and valleys of good followed by bad. It think that is typical of PAWS, which suggests it goes on a lot longer than that. I think it probably varies by an individual's prior level of wellbeing, which will be what you return to unless you work on improving it.

What surprised me was that, at 8 months now, I CONTINUE to feel improvement each month. I feel better now than a month ago. I am thinking I won't reach MMI (maximum medical improvement - ha!) until a full year is up. PAWS says even longer.

It just feels like so long when you are waiting for it to happen. But it does.

FT
Old 08-14-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea, I keep getting on here trying to find an exact date I'll feel good. It's tough to wait to feel better, ya know?