love!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
love!

I am loving this forum! I have been reading for a couple of days and have been chewing on these posts like a kid in a candy store. I take a multi-faceted approach to recovery and it is so refreshing to read others that think outside of the box and discuss/challenge ideas so freely. Very cool stuff...thanks

peace,
SD
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love it too. I also try to chew on them, if I swallow them whole I might choke. I'm glad you found us and are joining in.

"Be here now." Ram Dass
Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Welcome aboard

Nothing wrong with finding your own path to sobriety! I'm a free thinking soul from a long way back who doesn't have a herd mentality...but I was ready to bail from my self directed recovery and join the first herd that lumbered past if I was seriously thinking about drinking again!!!

Luckily, with the help of SR, I managed to recently get past the one year sober mark. You can too, if you want to.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to the secular side of SoberRecovery soberlicious.

Secular addiction treatments are very tasty and they don't give me indigestion like other recovery methods do.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
HAHA Zencat I agree...and they have a delicious chewy center as well

Thanks for the welcome all and I couldn't agree w/ you more Murray4x5 congrats to you... I am coming up on 5 years being clean sober and free...it can be done fo sho! LOL
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
... I am coming up on 5 years being clean sober and free...
And here I thought you were a glassy eyed newcomer to all things recovery. I bow down in humbleness to your many years of clean living
Old 08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recently found this forum and it follows the curve that seems to come with alternative recovery programs. The enlightened, healthy, happy and knowledgeable curve.
Almost two years sober happily reading, learning, talking with God, meditating, eating healthfully and sometimes not, and the list goes on. There is so much time for good life when you stop dying.
SH
Old 08-13-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by zencat View Post
secular addiction treatments are very tasty and they don't give me indigestion like other recovery methods do.
LOL ! :-)

It should be noted, though, that many on the "secular" recovery forum are not necessarily atheist or lacking in religious affiliation.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post

Nothing wrong with finding your own path to sobriety!
Indeed! My own path is the only path that has worked for me. While SMART Recovery has been an important part of that path, it alone would not have kept me sober if I didn't taylor my approach to fit my own needs.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I am loving this forum! I have been reading for a couple of days and have been chewing on these posts like a kid in a candy store. I take a multi-faceted approach to recovery and it is so refreshing to read others that think outside of the box and discuss/challenge ideas so freely. Very cool stuff...thanks

peace,
SD
Welcome to SR's Sober Connections. I'm so glad to read about your time sober. It shows all of us that it can be done with a tailor made program. Glad to see you post!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SC on SR. I have found the SC posse were fundamental in my recovery. Congrats on 5 years...would love any wisdom and insight you might be willing to share
Old 08-20-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks lafemme...when and if I find any wisdom and insight I will share it LOL I'm paraphrasing here but, the more I learn the more I learn how little I know...isn't that socrates?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lol...I have no idea who said it but you are right

Come to think of it, when I look back, I'm not 100% certain how I stopped.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wherever I travel, there I am.

thanks lafemme...when and if I find any wisdom and insight I will share it LOL I'm paraphrasing here but, the more I learn the more I learn how little I know...isn't that socrates?

Yes it's been rumored by Plato that Socrates said that, but I didn't hear him.