carry on, here is the link to the old thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-20.html

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I lost my post.
Okay the gist.....
Chicory...... empath is like having mental telepathy for emotions. If you feel ultra drained in the mall you're perhaps being bombarded with everyone's emotions. I am just wiped after walking around. Mentally project a protective bubble around you. I'm trying to channel this into healing touch so I can help others.
I know when my daughter is sad before she tells me, and when my mom is going to call me I just think about her.

Timebuster... good words of wisdom about putting it behind me. I use the whole rehab thing as a motivator to never relapse. I sang Amy Winehouse in rehab... NO NO no to rehab lol.. the 30 days was okay inpatient it was the last 60 that about did me in, with all the drama, being punished as a group for the misdeeds of a few and just dealing with a bunch of kids I was in with and their loud music.
I bet you can predict the weather with you knees... my hubby can.

TOD.. hope you're feeling a bit better, I'm more sore today than yesterday. I'm going to start calling you Granny Clampett.... lol She was my fav on that show. You remind me of her. Hugs. and you and hubby make a sweet couple... per the photo.. thanks for sending.

Mrsfit..... hope the storm bypasses you guys..... run if it comes close. When I lived in Florida... I got the heck out unless I had to go into work at the hospital but we were living in my mom's trailer at the time and that's a bad place to be in a hurricane. Daughter's bf is in San Antonio, I bet she was close to you on her way there last spring. She went by Biloxi..... New Orleans..... Houston and then down. Hugs and be safe.

Jay... I thought that was a corn snake but I am no snake expert.. I run run run when I see one and I scream too.
Hope your head is better and I hope you don't have any lasting problems from whatever bashed you. Much love and glad to know you're with Sue and Kirby. Hugs. Thanks for well wishes.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Med! I feel like granny clampett at times. LOL But I hope I look more like Ellie Mae! LOL
Try taking Pamprin for the mouth pain. It helps the back ache too.

Just put the boys out in the cool tent. Got to start cleaning their crates. It's suppose to possibly storm for the next two days and I'm not letting them go past today w/o being cleaned up after.

And next week, the weather report showed 100's across the week. Just please don't let it be humid. I can handle the heat more than the humidity. I got my electrical bill yesterday. It was lower than I expected. It was only $417.00 for the past month. With the central air cranking, two window units and a whole bunch of fans running, oh yeah and lets not forget my husbands mechanical tools that run on electricity that isn't too bad. And to think next week is the first week of August.

Mrsfit: You and I sound like good ole country girls. I know I was raised practically on the backs of horses and in the hay fields hauling hay. Dad had me helping with truck loads of firewood also. My two sisters are of the lesser country girl types. But they do get out in the yard and garden to work. But they both have office jobs. So the heat knocks them out more than it does me.

Gotta get busy on the crates.
Love to all
TOD
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - I had to laugh about Granny Clampett and ((TOD))..definitely a similarity in their toughness I would never call ((TOD)) that, however...she may send that horrid weather our way

Sorry I'm being rather quiet tonight...trying to shut up the "what if's" up in my mind. I SHOULD be better at this, but I'm human, so am snuggling with Elvis, all the cats are inside (we got a teeny bit of rain) and Patches has been curled up on a chair all day. Actually got in and out of the driveway twice without having to chase her off.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know about that feeling it's edgy but tired anxious feeling. Dont' really feel like moving around and doing anything right? But about to scream. That's what drove my bp right out the door this week. I thought I would hear a definite yes on Monday but had to wade thru to Tuesday to hear that things were blocked up because the one guy that has the power is gone till next week. Everytime the phone rang I jumped about 2 feet. The only cure is to physically stay busy or doing something that eats up your mind, getting involved in a movie or something. I finally got so worn out with it I just gave it up and getting a tooth pulled helped me take my mind off all that I had something new to worry about. This oral surgeon was making me want to scream, he was working fast against the caine meds that wear off fast because I can't take normal caines with epi it causes my heart problems to flare so he's working like a maniac and tools are hitting my chest, stuff is dropping on the floor, his 2 assistants can't work fast enough and he's humming some ditty and saying stuff like oops.... geez louise I was at one point praying to travel outside my body just to get out of that "hot" chair. So I forgot all about jobs, money, lol...

Some guy in my nurse support said you think when we're lying on our deathbed we will care about some job? And all I heard was the word lying... and thought he meant we as addicts will be lying to the grave about things haha but he meant prone as in plank as in doing the death rattles lol how my mind goes and what I heard amazing. And no I don't think I'll be worrying about a job when my time comes but part of what I do is my work on Earth. but I agreed with him. I am more than a job. I am a unique walking DNA specimen okay then did not mean to soap box you. I love you. Take care.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Bring it on, bring it on! It's all doable.
Going back to my boys crates now.
Messy boys.

TOD
Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well you look like Ellie mae and come to think of it your hubs reminds me of a bearded Jethro. so there you go... I brought it. Watcha goin' do Granny???? Hmmmmmm you know I love you. Hugs.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hubby said we are going gator hunting and we need some bait. We'll be at your door tomorrow!!! You should make a tasty morsel since you are a weanie!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Hubby said we are going gator hunting and we need some bait. We'll be at your door tomorrow!!! You should make a tasty morsel since you are a weanie!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hahahahah lol I'll sic my mean kitty on you. That's too funny. Call me Weanie Woman..........
Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great...I call Tinker "ww" for "wonder wuss" as she's such a scaredy cat. Now I'll be thinking of "weanie woman" when I say ww.

I'm about to go to sleep. Got to get my car cleaned up and ready to go to SC tomorrow before work. I decided we'd take my car as it's bigger and much more comfy. Plus, dad doesn't allow smoking in stepmom's car (won't talk about what he doesn't know and his sense of smell is gone from HIS years of heavy smoking before he quit), but she and I can smoke in my car. I'll probably be in the back with Tinker, who shivers and shakes any time she's in a car. Will take one of her blankies with us.

Hugs and prayers,,

Amy
Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Give Tinker an anti depressant or doggie benadryl. HOpe you have a good safe trip. When are you getting back, I think I remember you saying you were coming back the same day. Used to go to Myrtle all the time as a kid back before the interstate and we'd have to go over Saluda Mountain, now that was scary. About every 50 yards you'd see a white cross on the road where someone ran off the mountain. Ya'll ought to go to teh beach for a day but you got animals and I understand it's not easy to just leave. I can't go anywhere either due to the zoo. Hug that baby.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OKAY! Got the boys crates filled with fresh cut grass. Bowls filled with fresh water and can corn also put in each crate. Topped off their grain bins and have them all in again. They are all back there acting like boys. Picking pieces of corn up and making goofy noises trying to attrack a hen. LOL The girls are all in their crates sitting on their ice packs listening to them with the enthusiam of whatever!!!

The weather man said we have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow. So the boys are all cleaned up for a few more days and I don't have to stress over them needing to be cleaned up after with hubby telling me, they aren't going out, it's raining. He's worse than a mother hen when it comes to these silkies! Especially the girls. They are his kids and they aren't going to be put out in the rain!!! Hell! That's the time they WANT to be out. All the bugs come to the surface and they don't have to dig for them.

Now that I'm covered in fresh cut grass, chicken dandruff and sweat!! I'm headed to the shower.

I also saw the new baby bunny in the yard when I went out to get the boys. It's just precious. Just makes you want to pick them up and hold them. Then cover them in kisses. That's what I did with my inside bunny anyway!!

Amy: Be safe on your trip. SC is beautiful. I lived in Charleston for four years. Then did basic training and AIT in Charlotte.

Love to all
TOD
Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone..another late night for me reading.
This evening I was over anxious to pick raspberries in my yard and
since we had to enclose the area with steel mesh fencing(the puppy was eating the stalks) you have
to undo a rather silly form of a hook..I decided to climb over which
was not difficult. When leaving I got hooked on a piece of the steel mesh
and punctured my arm fairly badly as I had to turn and it went deeper..don't
ask..these things happen to me..
Anyhow my arm is very swollen and tomorrow it would be prudent to get a
tetanus shot..it woke me up throbbing and sore.
Typing is a little difficult as you have to hold your wrists up to a point..hmm
anyhow..thanks all for the warm welcome..we will see what tomorrow brings.
By the way the raspberries were very tasty with whip cream..

lauren
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi, ((Everybody)), when I realized the the thread ended at 500 posts, I had to go back and read everything in the last installment (I must admit I cheated by reading only the past 5 pages before beginning to post). It has been quite a revelation, including seeing some gruesome pics, not to worry though, but I do wish the pics of Darby hadn't been lost when I went to find them,!!!

((TOD)) I'm very proud to be seen as an ole' country girl, grew up with red clay oozing betwixt my toes as I ran through the woods as a child. Why, I can even remember walking 5 miles to the country store, barefoot on a gravel road, one time because my dad had lost his pocket knife (it had been his grandfather's, before he died) and was going bats**t crazy to find it! Ahhhhhhh, those were the days! It's been a while since you mentioned your disability, have you got a hearing yet?????

((Jay)) As a response to a question that you asked on the last installment before I arrived: Yes, there was one teacher in my third grade, who thought the world of me, and intervened when I came to school one day with stripes up and down my legs and back. She got the state involved, but back then unless they could find the proof dead out, Sorry! I had stretched the truth and told them that my dad had used a bull whip on me, (actually they were hickory switches, the bull whip was reserved for my brothers) when he got drunk one afternoon. My brothers had, unknown to me or any one else, cut the bull whip into pieces and buried it under the steps to the trailer. My dad told them that I had gotten scratched running through the woods. There were so many thorns and berry vines around the land that it was actually believable, and since they could find no sign of a bull whip, the case got closed. But Mrs. Dumas is still with me in my heart, and my second grade teacher as well, Mrs. Pratt. I actually attended both of their funerals, although I never told anyone that I had done so. They both died shortly after I had graduated High School.

((Chic)) Wow, what part of San Antonio?? That's amazing, we might have even met, who knows? As far as the storm goes, I have a deal with the Goddess, I won't get scared and run away from my wonderful Henry, if she won't let the weather get too bad around us. I know that sounds pretty silly, but Freya (the Goddess) and I speak on a regular basis. Henry even tells me that she speaks to him at times. That's gotta be something as I have never had that kind of connection when I was worshiping and fearing the Judeo-Christian God, no offense meant to anyone! I just had to put it out there.

((Amy)) I hope the funk goes away, I do worry about you lady. The symptoms that I read in your past posts are like an almost perfect copy of what I was going through before I got on my thyroid replacements! For me even the Bi-polar symptoms have alleviated, and that's something I have had for decades!!!!!! I'm quite lucky and even though my desecated(sp) animal thyroid is NOT covered by my Part D, it's only $7.95 a month! The thyroid panels, however are quite expensive.

((Lauren)) Please take care of that puncture wound, right away!! It only takes 5 hours for the tetanus virus to cause irreparable damage to the human body! You may ask where this comes from...One of my cousins, way back when I was walking in that red clay, stabbed my brother in the leg with a rusty fork that had gotten thrown out with the pig slop on GrandDaddy's farm, and now my brother has been diagnosed with childhood onset rheumatoid arthritis, they told him it could have been from the stabbing with a fork and not getting the Tetanus shot in time. We lived over six hours away from town, and only had one car, Dad was working, and we had walked over to GrandDaddy's with Mom to visit. Dad had to drive all the way in to get my brother and then turn around and drive back to town to get him the shot, almost 12 hours had passed before the injection. AND he had lockjaw symptoms, just not very badly, for almost a week after this. But it was summertime, and no school was missed.

((TB)), and all the other's that I have missed, please hurry back, we are all missing you!!

Before I go I would like to tell you all a story about when I was growing up in Calhoun County, MS...

We were dirt poor, and with 9 mouths to feed, not counting the strays and all the furbabies, it took both my mom and dad working sometimes 2 shifts just to keep food on the table. As a matter of fact, we didn't have a television until we moved into town after my GrandDaddy died. But one day after moving into town, I had gotten up to Middle School, as had my younger sister, Frances, and we were walking home after school, since the house that we were living in was only about a mile and a half from the school. (Frances had always been a "special child", in special ed classes for the mentally challenged and had been born with a bone defect.) Anyway, as we were getting ready to cross a small bridge leaving the campus to take a shortcut home, some of here classmates, came running after us calling her names and picking a fight. I normally was a pacifist, I had actually been beaten up in the second grade by a girl who only stood as tall as my elbow at the time (She never reached over 4'5" in height), but this time, they were picking on my little sister! (I was pretty much told since I was six, that it was my responsibility to take care of my younger sisters.) I told Frances that she had better run to the house and get one of our older brothers, cause there was gonna be trouble; but one of the boys grabbed her by the arm and started twisting it. I got so mad that I saw red, and started hitting, kicking, and god only knows what else. When I finally calmed down, one of the teachers was holding me with my arms over my head and my feet off of the ground, and asking the six that had been picking on Frances if they were ok. It turned out that one of them had a broken arm, another a broken leg, and the other four were treated in the ER for bruises and cracked ribs, and one of them actually had a concussion. I still to this day do not know what happened when I started throwing punches and kicking, but Frances will tell me that I was kicking a$$ and taking names. I got suspended from school for two weeks for "attacking" these six kids who were three years younger than me, but my credibility went up in the family.

Just felt the need to share that with someone, as I have been working my 8th and 9th Steps in the last few weeks, and needed to get that out of my system. Thanks for allowing me to share it here.

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda

Last edited by mrsfit; 07-29-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

ps: Whenever Henry gets mad at me for something, he calls me Weenie Woman, lol.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - glad you got the crates and pens all done, and hope you get some cooling rain.

(((Lynda))) - I get that "you can mess with me, but don't DARE mess with my family". I've never gotten physical (though wanted to), but I've certainly made it clear to people who messed with my loved ones, I am not the one. Back when Brit's mama died (my 18-year-old baby stepsister..in a car wreck), Brit's sperm donor family tried to get custody and it was nasty.

Her other g'ma kidnapped her, I told stepmom to call the cops and find out what to do (she's Brit's legal guardian). We called a judge, then I called sperm donor's brother and told him if Brit was not at our door in an hour, I was taking him and everyone else in the family down as conspirators to the kidnapping. He brought her back in 30 minutes.

Brit and I have our problems (she has major anger issues but won't do anything about them, just numbs them out), but she's told me she knows I have her back. I won't get her out of a mess where she needs to feel the consequences, but I won't let anyone mess with her, for no reason, either.

Speaking of the thyroid, my aunt has told me I really need to get it checked. My mom died at 50, and never had any problems, but every other female on mom's side has been on thyroid replacement.

It's the money issue. I don't even know how I'm going to pay my car payment, next week, much less the last dr's bill I got (though can make payments and hope the nurse got the bill down). Also, since I've found that companies can get exempt from the pre-existing conditions thing on insurance (McD's is exempt), don't want to have yet another pre-existing condition when/if I eventually get medical insurance. I also know that thyroid and premenopause mimic each other, and don't really have some of the symptoms that makes me think thyroid.

We are actually going to spend the night in SC. It's a small country town, though I've never met my niece or her mama, so haven't been to their house yet. Long ways from the beach, and besides, I want to spend as much time with the baby and family as I can.

Have no idea when we're leaving or when dad and I will be back. Stepmom and ww are staying up there for a while, as her sister had thyroid surgery last month.

I was reading about the debt crisis going on in congress, and it mentioned that the latest thing didn't go through, in part because of the Pell Grants. Yeah, the very thing I need to pay for school, and the loan I applied for is also a federal loan. Wish they'd get their **** together.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

With all of the computer models predicting that Don will head south of us, closer to the Mexican border, we are on our way to the ER again in Corpus Christi. Through the night as I was reading posts and keeping an eye on the weather through the laptop, Henry started having severe pain, yet again. One of our new friends in recovery lives here in our small coastal town, and is taking us to get him checked, yet again. We got a bill from the ER that refused to see us, and they magnanimously gave him a $44 credit on their $110 bill, leaving him in their opinion owing $66 for being treated as though he didn't exist. Now if that don't take the cake...

Will give everyone an update, as soon as we get back to the computer.

Hugs n smoochies, Lynda
Old 07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

PS ((Amy)) and ((everyone else)) I have asked the Goddess to send protective and aiding helpers to each of you for what you are needing. Please do not be concerned with Henry and I as I know that we have Her protection with us at all times, and be consoled in that we are holding you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Lynda
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I was out this morning ordering Weenie Woman t-shirts.

TB