Notices

New to forum

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to forum

Great stories on here. Anyone had an addiction without a health issue preceding it? That is me for the most part - I have a lower back deal but it was just an excuse basically.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think my emotional self gave my physical self problems which let my mental self shut down my spiritual self which allowed whatever was left of me to do whatever I pleased whenever I pleased. Of course, in the end, the dis-ease displeased me.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha Ha pretty good Mycool
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So here is my story:

Have had some minor back issues since 2005-6, and started taking some Lortab. Never wanted the monthly prescription, so I have pursued through other means. The last two years I have not had many sober periods of any serious length. I am on Day 2, and actually was able to taper - so physical symptoms are at a minimum (diarrhea anyone?) - but this time I have to not go back. I am somewhat sad, angry, full of regret, etc. that I would let myself get to this point. I have never tried formal recovery to this point, but have tried quitting to no avail.

In the last couple years I have probably spent close to 10K on pills. All "regulars" like Lortab/Vicodin/Oxycodone. I would go in three-to-four day spurts and take maybe 10-15 a day at the end.

I have a wife and kid and a very good job. We are for the most part OK at this point - it feels like if I go back again things will not be OK. My wife caught me about a year ago - I stayed off for only 20-30 days after that. She does not know now. Yikes....