Notices

Just an update...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update...

To anyone who may care, I'm still clean. It's been about 6 weeks now and the more I go without it, the more I can't believe everything I risked to get it. No more heroin for me. Also, I'm able to stand my ground now if my fiance offers to go do it...in fact, he doesn't even really offer anymore because he knows what my answer will be. All the money we wasted, and putting ourselves at risk of getting arrested all those times...I can't believe I went that far. I'm lucky it didn't ruin my life. I honestly can't see myself ever getting it again. There are other ways than heroin that I can stay mentally stable, and I'm sticking to those.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Just curious, but, why do you still have a fiance that uses heroin? Do you plan to marry him if he continues to use?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Tooshy))) - congrats on 6 weeks! I also wonder about the fiance..if he's still using, his use is going to affect you. Addiction is a family disease and it touches everyone around the person using.

Thanks for the update!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Tooshy,

I'm glad you are still here.

Remember when we talked about how one of you has to take control of the situation and put a stop to the madness? Well, hey. You did it.

Now, what's next for your future -- especially if you ever decide to have kids -- well, think about what kind of home you want for yourself now, as well as then. I hope your fiance decides to follow your example.

FT
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's not using. We've only ever used together since we've known each other. If I stay clean, I know he will too. He'd never go behind my back and do that stuff.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi!

Hey Tsts-

Good to have you onboard and congrats on the clean time! Failedtaper (as always-you're my hero!) addressed a real concern. I hope you are correct that your fiance is not going to use, but you really can't control anyone but you.
Best of luck to you!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congratulations on your 6 weeks!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opmloser View Post
Hey Tsts-

Good to have you onboard and congrats on the clean time! Failedtaper (as always-you're my hero!) addressed a real concern. I hope you are correct that your fiance is not going to use, but you really can't control anyone but you.
Best of luck to you!
Sometimes I can't even control myself. But I can when it comes to H.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FT

Hi tooshy,

I think you are an amazingly strong woman to get through this. I hope you give yourself some credit for that.

FT