Notices

I've been MIA for a long long time ...

Old 07-23-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking I've been MIA for a long long time ...

Hi I havewn't been here in a really long time . I'm the mom of an adult daughter who is addicted to pain pills .
I've been gone due to haveing a three week long fibromyalgia attack . I'm barely coming out of it right now .
Anyway my daughter Joelene has finally hit as close to rock bottom as I'm going to allow her to be . I know I can't force her to be clean . I was very very sick last week . I walked into the liveing room so sick from the pain that I asked her for help . She just sat there watching cartoons on tv like I wasn't even in the room . That was when it finally hit me how very very sick she has become ... I was so hurt by the way she had ignored me that I just didn't trust myself to speak to her . She became insanely angry with me and tried her best to get me to fight with her . I just walked away from her . When I tried to speak to her the next morning I realized I was out of control angry with her still . I went to my doctor and got a pain killing shot . I was in such intense pain that the shot didn't help at all .
Well I haven't really talked to her very much at all over the past week . However tomorrow I plan on trying to talk to her about going through with going to an in house rehab program . I just need some advice and support to help me keep my calm no matter how she acts . I'll be back later .
Old 07-23-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you are in pain. I was like your daughter in that I was NUMB, and today I have many regrets. I hurt many people with my "whatever, spacey" attitude. I hope she gets the help she needs. She is lucky to have you. Hope you get better as well. BB and Hugs.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face

Thanks for the support . I have severe fibromyalgia and only 30% of my heart functions . I've been liveing with Joelene and her husband and two kids for almost 3 years . I guess right until last week I just kept telling myself she just wasn't that bad. I know now that maybe she got lucky and was able to take 10 hydro 10,s and she didn't die or end up in the hospital . I'm just so afraid that one of these days she won't be lucky and she'll die or end up in the hospital . Her husband Brian treats me like I'm a pill addict too . Because I take narcotic pain meds for the fibro pain ... I don't even talk to him about being +10 pain any longer . Living here has been affecting my health . I've ended up in the hospital 4 times because I've had reactions with the various meds I take . Joelene at one point last year kicked me out of her house because she got it into her head somehow that I'd been trying to kill myself . My husband and I are living with Joelene and her family again . We're trying to find our own place to live . Hopefully she'll go to the rehab . I've agreed to stay here for one more month to help Brian with the kids .
I'll never just walk away from her no matter what she does . I'm just praying that this rehab helps her . Today is the third day that she has not had any pills . Right now she's sitting here in the living room zoned out on tv again . Well I'm going to bed , just can't deal with watchin g her ignore her kids any longer ...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I have never had much luck getting anyone else clean. So try not to put all your hope's on your daughter accepting that she has a problem. She sounds incredibly unhappy and so do you. You have alot to deal with yourself and although I would cetainly speak your peace with her , say what you need to see then get on with your own buisness of taking care of yourself and your hubby! It just sounds like it is so draining for you to be there with your illness which is so sensitive to stress. I am finding myself very affected by my enviroment right now..I could no more LIVE with someone who was using pain meds ..even for legitimate pain than I could go to a bar every night and excpect not to drink around social drinkers..I am a addict and alcoholic and I have to protect myself at all costs.. I know how my addiction works and it is very very patient and always present...
Maybe I am "sicker than others" but today I cannot live nor hang around people using any kind of narcotic for any reason...when I was deep in my addiction..I used to fantisize becoming a PHARMACIST!!! HAHAHAH....
I feel for all you guys..and the kids too ...get healthy and be a example for your girl! I really hope you are feeling better and she will get the help she needs too! Addiction causes so much suffering....you all deserve better!!!

love norty
Old 07-24-2011, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Talking

Hi Norty thanks for your words . I'm drained o the bone right now . So I'm heading to bed I'll be around later .
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Ravensong:

Are you here to reduce or eliminate your own opiate mediation use? Or is it mainly to get some support for dealing with your daughter?

Either way, this is a good place to come.

Please keep coming back and tell us how we can help you.

FT
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm mainly to try to understand and help my daughter . I don't a substance problum . So it;d very hard for me to understand that she has no control right now . However while in the hospital for my heart several months ago they gave me morphine for my fibromyalgia pain . The doctor was suppose to wean me off 3 or 4 days before I went home . He never did , just sent me home . By the next day I was going thru withdrawals ,I went to the ER 4 times because I couldn't understand what was going on . My husband is a Vietnam vet and the second day was when it hit him that I had been given so much morphine that body was going thru the withdrawal . I count myself lucky and I understand how much agony a person can go thu dealing with withdrawals ...
I've in bed with the flu for the past few days . I'll hopefully be able to be here more as I am able to be up and around .